Shaving Handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaving Handles

I have had the thought of shaving the door handles pop into my mind lately. Does anyone know about how much a quality door popper kit would run, and which brands are recommended? I know a painter who will do the shaving and painting for relatively cheap. So what is your guys's overall opinion of shaving handles?

No idea on products, but I LOVE the shaved handle look. So clean.

Go for it!!

~HH

Comment

It will be on the list of my many projects once spring rolls back around. While I do the handles I am going to go ahead and shave the trunk as well.

Comment

what do you mean by "shave"?

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

ya i've heard the word "shave" alot and i know it applies to modifying the body of the car but that's about it. so like pro said . . . what do youy mean by "shave"?
          Tag Team

Comment

i shaved my handles, and my latch cover... looks pretty nice.... when my car is done and painted ill post pics..

Comment

"Shaving" is basically just removing them and filling the areas where they were. Once the handles are shaved and painted it will look like they were never there to begin with.

I would love to see some pictures once you get done. Which popper kit did you go with?

Comment

autoloc 15lbs...

Comment

How much was the kit? And about what was the total cost of the door handles project?

Comment

$164 from www.autoloc4less.com and free install

Comment

Do you have any progress pics?

Comment

can you give a def. for the term "popper"?

thanks!

- all in the process of learning

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                        RB springs
                        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                        MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

I don't know a definition but I will try my best to explain. When you hit a button on a keyless remote, the door will open. The solenoids "pop" it open.

Comment

oh.. ok..
                            so if i don't have keyless entry, then i shouldn't worry about this, correct?

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but i think I may just try to stroll through a junkyard and rip handles of some 2001 ES's... (or any model that don't have plastic handles)

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                            RB springs
                            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                            MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

I don't have keyless entry either. Hell I don't even have power locks. But it isn't an issue. I was trying to give an example of the remote used. It is like a remote entry system in the fact that you can put it on your key chain.

Comment

Working...
                              X