its sad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its sad!

well u wanna know what i got for christmas well i got a busted window n my stereo amp n box stolen....
    so now im back to stock stereo n for some reason it wont play burncds...is this normal or is just that this aint workin rite? oh yea i got a 99 lx

my stock cd playe in my 99 plays burned cd's fine. try and run a cd cleaner through it and see if that helps.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Also some people say that burning the CDs at a slower speed helps. Try using a different burner as well.

Do you get insurance money for the loss?

Comment

Damn im sorry that is real ****ty

but yeh try running a CD cleaner in their....and also like also said above burn at a slower speed and mess with the setting alittle and see if that helps.

Comment

Are they CD-R or CD-RW, some players don't like -RW

Comment

after time, just about every stock deck will stop playing burnt CDs.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
              Are they CD-R or CD-RW, some players don't like -RW
              Thats true, my CD player wont play burned CD's that are on a -RW CD but CD's burned on -R CD work fine

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda96Protege
                Thats true, my CD player wont play burned CD's that are on a -RW CD but CD's burned on -R CD work fine
                my changer is the same way.

Comment

Time for me to post a how-to on stereo anti-theft. This stealing stereo equipment **** is getting old. Friggen crackheads.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatelbobo
                    Time for me to post a how-to on stereo anti-theft. This stealing stereo equipment **** is getting old. Friggen crackheads.
                    +1, I remember reading some tips awhile back about getting steel cable and bolting it to the floorboard on one end, and the back of the HU on the other.

Comment

Bolting it down may mean your whole dash will be damaged or ripped apart - so take that with a grain of salt.

The best defense is to show that there is nothing to steal. I always take my faceplate with me, I always leave my empty glovebox and coinbox open and I have no cover for my hatch area. Anyone who is interested in stealing something will quickly realize there is nothing to steal in my car by looking in. I don't even leave spare change in my car because it's been broken into before for next to nothing and repairs were very costly.

Also use some anti-theft devices such as an alarm (a paging one with a siren inside the car and backup battery is great) and choose parking spots well. Avoid underground parking and if possible park outside in a well lit and well populated area.

Those are just some tips I found useful from talking to people that have had the misfortune of cars broken into and stolen

Comment

i try to play cd-r but it wont play i also put a cleaner and it still wont do...

Comment

My car got broken into too, they didn't even steal my neons though, they just looked in my glovebox for money

Comment

hey imo it dont play certain burn cds cuz my oem one didnt play any kinds, it just played fujifilms cd-rs. sorry to hear bout your loss, didnt the alarm went off or sumthing, damn that sucked

Comment

My OEM CD player only played one of my CDs, and it was one that I bought new. The rest it didn't read.

Comment

Working...
                              X