Chalk another one up for the BPT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chalk another one up for the BPT.

I just got back from CS late tonight. I was driving normal, shifting before boost as to not draw attention to myself, when a black s10 pickup came up to the left of me. He was mildly moded (raised, rims, exhaust) as far as i could tell. We came to a light and i knew he wanted to play.

My adrenaline started to pump and my heart started beating faster, waiting for the light to turn. All i could think to myself was "don't launch hard, don't want any wheel hop".

3...2...1. the light turns. i hit the gas... slight wheel hop, i let off..he's in the lead for about a foot. boost kicks in quick... **Beep** shift.. i pull ahead. stomp on it more.... more wheel hop... i left off... the road curves to the left. i'm starting to drift right. i try to adjust. have to tap the brake... by now i'm a car length ahead. shift again. he's in my rearview. =) more curves.... have to slow... race is over.

we come up to the next light and he rolls down his window. "what'd ya got? NOS???" i reply... "hell no. 1.8 turbo baby." he turns left.. i head home.
    Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
    FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
    Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Good kill. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with wheel hop. That's hard on suspension parts!
    -Robert
    '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

yeah nice kill man, wheel hop sux bad.
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by SpoolinPro93
        Good kill. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with wheel hop. That's hard on suspension parts!

what type of suspension do you have? i've been looking to change out my shocks and struts. at the moment i just have the KYB's.

i want to get adjustable. Derrick at CS said there might be a way i can use 1st gen struts with a lil moding. The mazdaspeed are nice but going for 700$ for the set with the price rising to 950$ soon.

The wheel hop isn't that bad if i don't romp on it in 1st or too hard in 2nd or third... lol

FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
        Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

i talked to derrick about using 1gen struts on my 2gen as well. i still haven't called him back yet on that topic. my front-driver's strut has the threads on the rod stripped out, this leaves play between my strut mount and strut top-nut. it sucks.

late
          maybe you can inform more with the use of 1gen struts on the 2gen pro like ours.
          Almost there

jdm tails... check
          jdm bumper... check
          ms lip... check
          ms grill... check
          ms sideskirts... check
          ms rear skirts... check
          ms spoiler... check
          ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
          Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Project323
            what type of suspension do you have? i've been looking to change out my shocks and struts. at the moment i just have the KYB's.

i want to get adjustable. Derrick at CS said there might be a way i can use 1st gen struts with a lil moding. The mazdaspeed are nice but going for 700$ for the set with the price rising to 950$ soon.

The wheel hop isn't that bad if i don't romp on it in 1st or too hard in 2nd or third... lol
            Actually my suspension is stock. The only problems I have is wheel spin, which isn't as bad now with the Azenis.
            -Robert
            '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

Damn good kill man,,

I have the same problem with wheel hop also.. I tend to get it on the passenger side. even though I have all the shocks on 2. I am going to order that mazdaspeed passenger side engine mount. That is the one that tends to break all the damn time...

I could only imagine how frigin fast your car is Pat..
              for gods sake..
              Now that I think of it. Your the only person on this board,other than me, that really understands the difference in power between the 1.8 and the 1.5...

Bruce
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

sweet kill

Comment

Bruce what shocks and struts are you running? the Koni?

yes the differnces are huge going from a 1.5 to 1.8 but then again its not just a 1.8, you forgot to add the "T". I went from 92 to 250hp.

=).

FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                  Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

Bruce,

by the looks of how you're going you should be up there in HP in the up coming monthes. =) then you'll be posting mad here.. lol

FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                    Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

i get wheel hop sometimes in 1st and 2nd, but i can still spin out if i romp on it in 3rd...

FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                      Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X