removing trim around 3rd gen HU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing trim around 3rd gen HU

sorry if this has been answered before. i've installed a system before i'm just scared to do anything on my new 2002 es. so ya. my question is basically when i go to take the trim off from around the stock HU and the ac what's the best way to pry that off. like. without leaving marks. best tools. what not. and how do you get the front doors off?

why do you need to remove the trim around the radio and HVAC controls? the easiest way to remove it is to aim the air vents on it down, and grab the bottom edge of the opening for the vents. just give it a good tug and the top should pop out. then work the rest of the fasteners out.

try a search for the front door panels. there was a how-to for sound deadening the front doors that gave step by step instructions in removing them. i've probably posted it a few times as well, but i'm a tad rusty on the protege, since i haven't had one in a while.

Comment

thanks for the help. i'm thinking of installing my sound system from my old car into my new protege. so i am just wondering. trying to get as much info as possible so i don't break my brand new stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X