Usable Dimensions Under Passenger Seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usable Dimensions Under Passenger Seat?

I'm looking to put an amp under my passenger seat, but I'm not sure of the usable dimensions under that seat. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate a response. Thanks.

Of which car?
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

got a tape measure?

Comment

Wow, I completely forgot to list my car. It's a 3rd gen sedan. Yes, I own a tape measure, but haven't taken the seats out yet. I'm not sure if all of the space under that seat is flat (ie: usable). I'm just trying to figure out the largest size amp I can fit under that seat. The one I'm looking at is 11-5/8" x 9-1/4" x 1-7/8". Thanks.
        Last edited by manstretch; 01-05-2006, 09:17 AM.

Comment

You cant use all the space under the seat. We have little vent things underthere so I had to push my amp all the way to the side.

Comment

You're saying an amp of those dimensions won't fit?

Comment

The amp size is around 11" x 9" so it fits to the side of the vent. If you were going to take it out youd have twice the space.

Comment

just cut the vent off. i actually removed them when i had the carpet removed for sound deadening. screw the rear passengers feet

and no, it's not completely flat, but it doesn't have to be. to do it right, you would want to secure a board to the floor, either above or below the carpet, that is screwed through the floor plan. then mount the amp to that board. DO NOT SCREW THE AMP TO THE FLOOR BOARD!!! 99.9% of the time it will cause nasty noise if you do.

Comment

Working...
                X