Reset ECU after switch to Mobil1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset ECU after switch to Mobil1?

Just changed to Mobil1 5W30 ( the car has 16,000 km on it ). Wondering if I should reset the ECU, or it doesn't matter. If I should reset, would I do it right now or, say after 500 km to let the oil "work in"?

Thanks!
    '03 P5, midnight blue, 5spd, K&N A/F, swiss cheese air intake, bumper and trunk guards.

There's no reason to.
    -Kevin
    -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
    -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
    -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
    -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
    -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

when would you want to reset the ECU?
      My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
      JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
      AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

Originally posted by glyph
        when would you want to reset the ECU?
        I would assume any serious modification that would require the ECU to "relearn" how the car is to operate under a specific setup with a specific driver (??).

A particular oil viscosity and/or makeup is in no way known or even useful to the way the ECU dictates how the engine [management] system is governed.
        -Kevin
        -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
        -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
        -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
        -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
        -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

oil only maintains the engine, it doesn't make it run, so resetting the ecu won't do anything. when you change something that affects the performance of the engine, then you can reset it, really there is no need on the 2.0 b/c its got a preset map for WOT anyways.
          '02 classic red p5
          currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Working...
          X