color matched interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

color matched interior

well today i was at the bodyshop and i started to sand down all the plastic peices in my car to make it smooth and when its done it'll be the same color as the outside of my car... which is silver.... when im done ill post pics...

great minds think alike... that's my Summer '04 project.

will you keep a price/mod journal or something?
    that'd be wikkid... i'd rather learn through someone else's experience than learn the hard way.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

well all the work gettin done to my car is free cause im doin work for the guy...

Comment

what do you mean by all the plastic pieces?
        My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
        JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
        AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

oh... well then.
          post pics and whatnot?

i'm just curious for the turnout... i was debating getting my friend to completely remold me a new dash outta fiberglass.. but the legality of it is debatable.

RB springs
          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek
            great minds think alike... that's my Summer '04 project.

will you keep a price/mod journal or something?
            that'd be wikkid... i'd rather learn through someone else's experience than learn the hard way.
            It won't be very expensive. I managed to paint everything in the car. Dash, door panels, plastic pieces, etc. It cost around $200 in paint supplies.

Comment

yeah.. but it's the shving of everything.
              the vinyl (or whatever plastic the dash is made of) is textured.. i want that gone.. i don't like the texture.

I think I mentioned that I wanted to do this, but was advised against because of the complications concerning unhooking everything (heaters, knobs, etc...)

RB springs
              Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

To remove the texture all you have to do is apply enough layers of primer. That will give you a smooth look.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek
                  but was advised against because of the complications concerning unhooking everything (heaters, knobs, etc...)

you got that **** right

huh greg

lol

Comment

When you say careful. You mean hammering the dash with a knife right?

Comment

Working...
                    X