• Show
Clear All

Mazda Kabura Concept Photos

-------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Nice. It's RWD.

Comment

yum

Comment

looks to be piston powered and not rotary though...
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I just noticed, is it a three-seater?

Comment

Yeh its a 3 seater in those pics

and that thing is nice i like it

Comment

It's got "future Rx-7" witten all over it I think...
              I'm getting the same kind of vibe from this thing as the Rx-evolve gave me in relation to the Rx-8.

IDK...I kind of like it (but would like it more with a supercharged direct-injected Renesis!). I can see a production version in about 3-5 years maybe?
              (fingers crossed)
              Last edited by Shaun32390; 01-11-2006, 07:53 PM.
              1998 Mazda BHALP SE - Rain Forest Green Mica

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun32390
                It's got "future Rx-7" witten all over it I think...
                looks identicle to the Rx-8

Comment

Yeah but it's smoothed out more..almost like they tried to mix some Rx-7 into it?

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

Yeah but it's smoothed out more..almost like they tried to mix some Rx-7 into it?
                    True, either way it looks like a RX-7/8 and i like them both lol so this car is hott!!

Comment

Def..nice.
                      It's got some Z in it too eh?

Something from astinagt.com that may have some pertinance:
                      Last edited by Shaun32390; 01-11-2006, 11:25 PM.

Much more to come...

Comment

Def..nice.
                        It's got some Z in it too eh?

Something from astinagt.com that may have some pertinance:
                        http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3896
                        nice link, especially the links and info on the 2nd page.

Comment

300hp N/A from a 1.6L engine... that's insane. And then supercharged after that. I wonder if they'll actually build something like that?

Comment

Supposedly based on the MX-3?

The practical family favourite gets refreshed styling and an upgraded engine line-up

Is Mazda about to resurrect the MX-3? If the Kabura is anything to go by, the answer may well be yes!

This official drawing (right) of the concept car shows how the reborn coupé could look - and motor showgoers will have a chance for closer investigation when the sports model debuts at next month's Detroit expo.

Despite being heralded as merely a "thought-provoker" at this stage, the two-seater is said to hint at a production model for 2008. As with the show car, this will be penned at the Japanese firm's California styling studio. The centre's director of design, Franz von Holzhausen, told us: "It's an exciting continuation of the Mazda DNA, with an understanding of the marketplace and what it wants." The newcomer will be aimed at North America, but it would be possible to convert it to right-hand drive for the brand's armies of fans in countries such as Britain and Japan.

The sleek roadster boasts a compact body with only two doors. It's clearly aimed at enthusiastic drivers, and the distinctive nose visible in the sketch draws attention with its dominating large RX-8-style air intake flanked by sweptback headlamps.

There are also similarities with the MX-3, which was axed in 1996 and featured either 1.6-litre four-cylinder or 1.8 V6 power. However, one of the big decisions faced by Mazda bosses will be whether to fit the newcomer with the RX-8's unique rotary engine. That discussion should be ticking over for a while yet.

I hate those seats.
                            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
                              Supposedly based on the MX-3?

The practical family favourite gets refreshed styling and an upgraded engine line-up

I hate those seats.
                              lol, get racing seats then.

Comment

Working...
                              X