Left Trun Signal won't blink!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left Trun Signal won't blink!

ok, Ive replaced all bulbs, the combo switch, and checked all the fuses. Right one works fine, left on clicks fast, but no light. Can you help? Is there a faulty relay or a worn wire? thanx!

Check the plug itself, if there is a lot of rust it won't get any power. The fronts are notorious on most cars for this.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

wiggle it a bit, rip it apart, then put it back together. Somehow, it now works. Installed my door lock relay. Soon I'll have power door locks too!

Comment

use lithium (di-electric grease) when installing the bulb to prevent corosion. Mine did this, and it was the tabs had become bent too far down from someone previously jamming down too hard on the bulb. I bent the back out and used the grease and have had it this way for almost 2 years now w/o issue.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

make sure the light INSIDE the gauge cluster is not blown
          that will affect it as well

Comment

I'll try that grease method to further prevent any more problems. I got it working a couple of days ago, it was a loose connection to the relay...I think. It works fine now, after I dusted off all connectors to the fuse box inside the engine bay. Dig it, some mech tried to charge my wife $500 to fix it, and the dealership wanted $120 just to look at it. I got my 10mil, phillips, and a brush and did it in less than an hour. The nerve of those swindling mechs and dealers!! I guess her foot loosened the connection to the relay when she went to push down the clutch long ago (hasn't worked for over two years!) But now thanx to these online forums, namely this one!, I saved me more money!! Woo woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by teknotexan
              I'll try that grease method to further prevent any more problems. I got it working a couple of days ago, it was a loose connection to the relay...I think. It works fine now, after I dusted off all connectors to the fuse box inside the engine bay. Dig it, some mech tried to charge my wife $500 to fix it, and the dealership wanted $120 just to look at it. I got my 10mil, phillips, and a brush and did it in less than an hour. The nerve of those swindling mechs and dealers!! I guess her foot loosened the connection to the relay when she went to push down the clutch long ago (hasn't worked for over two years!) But now thanx to these online forums, namely this one!, I saved me more money!! Woo woo!!
              excellent!
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
              X