Heater Vent Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater Vent Removal

has anyone taken the heater vents out on a 2003 pro? i can get the center ones out but not the sides? any suggestions/how-tos, etc???

2003 Sunlight Silver ES 5 Speed
    www.cardomain.com/id/bigwoo23

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

the vents at the end or just the part tht you moe the plastic and direct the air?

cause if it's the ones to direct the air. . it's attached to the radio surround and you can pull them out by taking out your radio surround......here's the how' to that i used to get mine off when i ddi some custom work

2003 P5 Midnight Blue
    Buddy Club 2 Side skirts, DGM front lip
    OBX header, MAM SS midpip, HKS exhaust
    Racing beat sway, tokico hp's, tein stechs, gtspec tie bar, awr front motor mount
    sun ground kit
    5spd sunroof
    Carputer (DivX, MP3, NES, GPS, OBD-2 next)
    7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
    power acoustik 2.4f cap, power acoustik EQ, Power Acoustik A1800db
    6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

Check with Blue LEDz. His is similar to the interior of the 2003 and has taken his car entirely apart. He'll be able to tell you what to look out for too in case of any easily breakable snaps or something that you need to be fore warned about. :p:
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

im planning on putting the little individual Varad LEDs behind each of the heater vents, traitorhound thanks for the center console how-to

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Comment

the driver's side vent has either 2 or 4 screws that have to be removed from the back side. it'll be a pain in the ass without removing the dash. the passenger side will require you to take the whole panel that it's in off. there's like 6 or 8 screws holding it in. you can get them out without removing the dash, except one that i just broke off you can probably get both out without removing the dash, but you'll need a variety of phillips screw drivers, and a flew shaft one might help i'm planning on putting blue neons in all the vents. but i'm going to have the dash out to do that:p:

Comment

thanks blue, hey if you get that done id like to see some pics. for right now im gonna finish my other LED lighting and then get to the vents, but if you get it done and have any other tips or how-tos send them my way

Comment

do want to knnow haw to remove vent opennings on the side? cause I don't remember seeing any screws there. /I am talking side opennings/ I just stuck flat driver under the vent and popped carefully from the housing. There are 4 retainers, i think. Then you can remove short connecting pipe for easier install. I hope we are on the same page. OK I gone drinking that good ole ale.

Comment

Working...
              X