Is this a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a good deal?

Looking for another car and my options are a 323 or a MX-3, but i cant find a 323 for the life of me thats within a 300 mile radius soooooo i saw these 2 MX-3's there both pretty cheap just wanted to see which one you guys thought is better. im thinking the 92 though.

93 MX-3

92 MX-3
    Last edited by Mazda96Protege; 01-18-2006, 03:44 AM.

you're so not gonna want your second gen if you get a V6 precidia
    lol

Comment

Lol yeh i know im sad about the Pro, its just giving me sooo many problems just after i thought it had it all worked out and the smoking stopped and all that....i go to turn it over yesterday and it turns but wont start then finnaly does and wont stay running when 2 days before it ran good!.....oh well im not giving up on it just yet i just want a DD i can use that wont waste gas like crazy like my truck does.

Comment

Based on what we see in those ads I'd take the 92 as well... but it doesn't say mileage, we don't know what work the 93 needs, etc. Could be complete crap.

Comment

Hmm if you are looking for a DD one that gets good Gas Milage go with a 92-93 4cyl. I was getting 40mpg on the highway, 36 around town. The V6 gets same as early protege's I think. But ya they are pretty torquy

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
          Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

V6 mileage is ok, better on the highway than in town, but that's to be expected. I've been taking the twisties to work and back every day, I'm getting like 21 mpg. At first I was pissed, but then it dawned on me that this engine spends most of its time above 5k rpm, so I felt better about it.
            -'91 Festiva L
            -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

haha ok thanks for the info guys!! w00t w00t

BUT my moms 96 Windstar gets better gas mileage then my pro did lmao sooo thats really no biggie, AND my truck gets horrible gas mileage so really anything will be better lol. Im going to go look at the 92 because the 93 says it needs some work so i really dont want to deal with that but i will probably end up checking it out as well....ill keep you guys updated!

Comment

Did anyone else notice that the black 92 is missing its spoiler. Take a good look at the trunk area and make sure that no water got in and is sitting in the sparetire well. Not that it really matters, but I just thought that I would mention that and you might be able to get it a little cheaper because it is probably going to cost you about $200 for a used spoiler to go on it. Good luck.

Jeff

Shop 506-577-6708
                cell 506-381-3503
                email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

You can get a new spoiler for most cars for ~$150.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda96Protege
                    haha ok thanks for the info guys!! w00t w00t

BUT my moms 96 Windstar gets better gas mileage then my pro did lmao sooo thats really no biggie, AND my truck gets horrible gas mileage so really anything will be better lol. Im going to go look at the 92 because the 93 says it needs some work so i really dont want to deal with that but i will probably end up checking it out as well....ill keep you guys updated!
                    your Z5 has no compression, stop driving it and toss that motor!!

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
                      your Z5 has no compression, stop driving it and toss that motor!!
                      Lol I know i havent driven the pro going on 2 months now poor thing just sits! I want it running and i want boost!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X