Test Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test Drive

I was just curious as to what views everyone had as they test drove there current/past pros?

I know that my clutch caught so quick and the gears shifted so smoothly I was just taken in right away from it's smoothness.

So what did you guys think....?

i drove my car back to back to back with a 2nd gen and a 3rd gen. I still drive my car. enough said

Comment

I've had my 323 for a while, but when I drove the LX I was in love.
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

It was the handling and the fact that it didn't look as quick as it is
        -=Jesse Goertzen=-

92 Protege SE | 1.8 DOHC SWAP w/SOHC Tranny | White

Alpine, Kicker, Boston, Infinity, Panisonic, Lightning Audio | Tokico, Eibach, Vibrant | Ractive

"I make your car go 'Kiki Boom Boom' fast, OK?!?"

Comment

ps, my dad was gonna get me a 2000 es, but i said no, cuz my 1g owns it

Comment

after my '86 accord died of multiple [expensive] causes, i made a list of requirements for a new car:
            - '90 or above
            - red, black, or white
            - four doors (passengers can use their own damn doors)
            - power windows
            - sunroof
            - good looking
            - under $3k
            - no damage
            - well maintained
            - not american

i wanted an accord, but after i test drove my pro, i was set on it.
            it met all the requirements (an accord wouldn't have been that cheap unless it had problems).
            it drove way nicer than anything else i'd driven before.
            justin
            Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
            installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

this is my only car, had a neon for a few days (technically).. but the protege was it. but it wasn't the fact that it was a great handling car or anything, it had 80,000 miles on it, motor sounded strong, interior was immaculate (till i destroyed it with mud and cig burns).. and i'll tell you what, i wasn't happy with the car at first, but i grew to love it. i mean, i can't slam into a corner without making some horrendous tire screeching, but hell, it out handles my mom's car which is all i could have asked for.
              peace

Comment

Eh, my parents bought my green one for me when I was out of town, and I was kinda pissed they did that, I thought my old Camry was the god of cars (which I gave to my brother). But hey, after a while I really liked it.

I've also driven a 2001 Corolla (really didn't like that one), and MP3 and MSP, which are OK, very comfortable, but I think I still like mine better. It's very tossable, and, it's cheap and not so pretty, so I don't really care if it gets a few scratches along the way.
                2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

i test drove the MSP, and a 2002 ES. the MSP was fun. The ES did not impress me a much. it was nice ride, but it just wasn't like my first gen. i like my 1gen, it feels nimble, and quick. the ES felt a little heavy.

I also have driven the 2003 eclispe, both the V6 and I4. they were nice but, the I4 was a dog, and the V6' had a lot of body roll.
                  When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                  Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                  Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                  So his engine he goosed
                  With much too much boost,
                  And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I test drove a 90 626 LX auto, Drove it Loved the way it drove. then i saw this lil beige 4dr in the corner of the lot. The guy said some old lady traded it in, had 96k on it (3 years ago) no scratches, looked Garage Kept 5spd. No Power options like the 626, but the interior was mint, and it was a Manual. THought it owuld be more sporty.

Well i drove it. Quick immediate pickup, not like the auto 626. Fell in love..... so comfortable too.

Still drive the lil thing today with 129k. Awsome lil car. No problems yet....or major ones.
                    Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                    Beige 1994 Protege DX
                    Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                      i test drove the MSP, and a 2002 ES. the MSP was fun. The ES did not impress me a much. it was nice ride, but it just wasn't like my first gen. i like my 1gen, it feels nimble, and quick. the ES felt a little heavy.

I also have driven the 2003 eclispe, both the V6 and I4. they were nice but, the I4 was a dog, and the V6' had a lot of body roll.
                      The last eclipse I drove was my friends '98 GS. Not too shabby. They were hot cars.

I can't stand the look of the new ones, I think they're ugly as sin.
                      Dan
                      dreesemonkey

Comment

I bought a vr6 jetta from the dealership a week before this, they let me take it home, and THEN the loan fell through and I had to bring it back. They had the pro waiting for me as an idea, but I was pissed about the jetta and so I didn't even like it that much when I test drove it. It took me about a week after I bought it to fall in love, now I'm pissed I considered the jetta.

Comment

when i drove my red pro i loved it, pick up was just enuf to satisfy my tastes for speed and it was good shape handled awsome it was everything i could have asked for

when i test drove this one i own now, well i didnt like it, she needed alot of work, but the thing that sold this car to me was the fact that it was black, spoiler, sunroof, pw, and burned no oil, unlike the last pro, one of the desiding factors for buyinh another pro, but since i knew what it needed and fixxed it up a little i absolutly love this car, still need to work out some bugs but she is very nice, im going to take good care of this one
                          No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

some old lady traded it in, had 96k on it (3 years ago) no scratches, looked Garage Kept 5spd. No Power options like the 626, but the interior was mint, and it was a Manual. THought it owuld be more sporty.

Exactly my story...well kinda...

Comment

Very nimble car,quick with alot of options. i loved it before i bought it ..Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X