Control Arm Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Arm Question

So xmas morning came around drivin to my fiancees house, comin off a ramp and it was raining...bad news, woman slammed on her brakes i locked mine up and slid into the curb doin aprox 20mph, dead on hit the curb. Heard this bad throbbing noise , first thing came to mind...i broke the rim. rode to a safe spot and stopped to look at the damage, Rim was scraped pretty bad, Rotor was shatterd. Got gay pepboys to look at it since it was supposed to be just a lil rotar replacement. But had even more bad news.

1. Shock from the impact broke a belt in the rear tire so its bubbled.
    2. Control arm is bent
    3. Rotar shattered
    4. Brakes are chipped from the rotar hittin the pads

So they wanted 700 to fix it i said F that, and i took the car and left it at my fiancees house. ITs semi drivable. but since it was only a few blocks from her house i left it there.

Here i am out on deployment , which is comin to an end and im lookin for parts.

THe biggest most expensive part i thought would be the control arm.

Upon searching only ones i can find are for 99-00 Proteges. Are these the same part #, can anyone assist me on figuring this out. id like to have all parts orderd by the time i get home so i can get the car back on the road. but in the middle of the water...i dont have a phone

thats what ive found so far. I hope it fits on the 01+ proteges.

If anyone knows the cheapest places for the other parts let me know too.
    Thanks

-J
    Maroon 1995 Probe SE
    Beige 1994 Protege DX
    Silver 2001 Protege ES

Just searched on overnightautoparts.com still no control arm. but great prices on the brake pads and new rotors.
    Maroon 1995 Probe SE
    Beige 1994 Protege DX
    Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Whoa man what a knock......i dont know if you you want to go this route but have you thought about a junk yard for the parts to save on cost? Hope you get it all taken care of good luck!
      "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Originally posted by mazdachic
        Whoa man what a knock......i dont know if you you want to go this route but have you thought about a junk yard for the parts to save on cost? Hope you get it all taken care of good luck!

yea well i just ordered the OEM Control arm from MAZDA $244, since no place around here sold them. and i wasnt waitin for shipping.

car shouldbe put together by tomorrow!
        Maroon 1995 Probe SE
        Beige 1994 Protege DX
        Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

Working...
        X