Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'95-'98 Carbon Fiber Hoods by PureSport (updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'95-'98 Carbon Fiber Hoods by PureSport (updated)

This is the official Group Buy (G/B) thread for 2nd gen Mazda Protege carbon fiber hoods -- years '95 to '98.
    (original thread is here: link)

This group buy was started back in July of 2005 (nearly 7 months ago). If you're joining now you're lucky - you're going to get your hood soon. For those who've been in it right from the start - thanks for sticking around.

The manufacturer of the hoods is PureSport, a company located in San Diego, California. We have been in contact with them on a fairly regular basis and despite the slow progress they seem to be doing a good job. They are currently in the process of making the first prototype to test fitment and overall quality of the product. To see samples of their work go here: link

At this time there is no set date for delivery of the hoods, but they are working on it.

The hoods are priced at $375 each. Add $12 if sending money by PayPal.

If you do not have PayPal, you can send me a money order, or even a personal check. However, I URGE you to send it by registered/insured mail. If you send a money order the PayPal fee does not apply to you. Send me a PM and I will provide a mailing address.

If you would like to join this G/B, you are required to make a deposit in the amount of $125.
    This deposit is not refundable unless:

a) The group buy does not go through.
    b) You find another person to take your place.

The rest of your payments are due before the hood can be shipped. I strongly encourage everyone to start sending monthly payments so that you're gonna be set by the time the hoods are ready.

Shipping will be freight COD and you will pay when you receive the hood.

Here is a list of people currently in the G/B:

1. beetle_orange
    2. loganss
    3. Intruder
    4. Prototender
    5. Shaun32390
    6. 95pro
    7. sanblaster1
    8. goodorange

As you can see there are two empty slots. If you're even thinking about joining in, ACT NOW!

That is all. Post here if you have any questions and they will be addressed.

if you pay the deposit right now, when do i have to pay the 250 cuz i might have them by end as soon as early april

Comment

beetle_orange is our main contact with the company. He recently came back from a vacation and he will call them very soon. When he calls he will ask and find out how much longer they're going to take to make the hoods.

Comment

yo.
        ED
        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Checking in?

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
            Checking in?
            Yup. At the time didn't want to click subscribe so just typed in yo.
            So beetle any contact yet?
            ED

Comment

yep jump in while ya can, as is i'll have the hood without the car. lol for the future.
              proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

nothing yet guys sorry.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                Mods:
                DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Seth called me at work just now and got an update. the top and bottom have been bonded together but did not lineup properly, they've corrected that recently. he said "jigs" are done for the hardware to be put in place. they are currently polishing the edges and the top.

he instructed me to call him again later this week, so stay tuned for more.

Mods:
                  DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

Originally posted by loganss
                    yo.
                    lol - me too

Comment

just checking in, so you all know i'm still alive. Thanks
                      95 ES
                      05 S60R

Comment

kinda wondering where you went, good to hear you are still around.

Mods:

Comment

I quit too. **** this ****.

Comment

san I can understand your feelings toward the hood but I'd rather they take the time to get the hood close to perfect than to rush and deliver it by their "estimated delivery" time.

Plus if you jump out now you're screwing the rest of us. Doesn't seem fair especially when I thought that putting money down meant we'd see this through completion.

Hope you're feeling better n thing w/ the g/f don't get ya too bummed out.
                            ED

Comment

i know its been a while but look at the date this thing started, in my opinion we are still on schedule. when i get in touch with seth will ask for a production date and pictures if any. i guess it is just different when i write things and with my actual conversations with seth cuz my impressions are we are getting very close.

Mods:

Comment

Working...
                              X