BG with deep dish wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BG with deep dish wheels?

Can anyone chop a pic of a Protege or 323 (BG of course) with some deep dish wheels? Similiar to the ones that VW's have....Like these wheels....

The deep dish like that....but maybe some bbs lookin wire wheels.....anything
    Eat ****.

Holy scrub radius.

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

here ya go
      Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm not bad, i think it looks decent

Comment

The wheels look pretty good... the chop could use some more work though.

Comment

The tires on the jetta are to narrow for the rims . that could be extremely dangerous

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
            Motegi MR12 rims in gold
            Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
            MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
            Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
            P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

WOW...I think that looks ****ing sweet myself....!! I personally wouldnt go with those rims, but dang....deep dishes look SICK on BG's!
              Eat ****.

Comment

Deep lips on a FWD = ghey.

Comment

Originally posted by macklum
                  The tires on the jetta are to narrow for the rims . that could be extremely dangerous
                  Yeah, one decent size pothole and the front end is ****ed.

Comment

I think for those to look right on any car...especially with the stretched tires, the car needs pretty noticable wheel flares....VW's just so happen to have enough to work with, and then when pulled correctly just looks mean. my friend has a 95 GTi with Keskin KT1s and some stretched tires and it looks great, but put something with a similar dish on my 98 pro and it would look like balls.

and macklum, that stretched tire thing is actually very popular, and from what i hear, was so in some racing in the 80s.....what racing, dont ask me, probably something euro. The tires arent just regular tires put on a rim made too wide...at least the ones that people buy that know what their doing. the tires are made to do that, so it is just as safe as a regular one. It's done in Germany because i believe it is/was a law that the entire tread area on the tire has to be underneath the wheel well...hence the VW audi's and such have more noticable wheel flares, so they can fit a wider tread on the car legally, and they use the larger rim for all i can tell just for the look of it...since they do look rather intimidating if done right.

hopefully that made sense, i'll re-read it and edit if needed when i wake up later today...just did my 20 minute ride home from boston and i need some sleep

Mods:
                    JDM Headlights + Corners
                    JDM Tailights
                    1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                    Shaved Side Mouldings
                    Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                    Cone Filter
                    KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                    E-Bay front strut bar
                    Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                    40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                    and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

One I did using this months ride of the month.

Last edited by 323Foreword; 01-22-2006, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JZProwler
                        ls.

macklum, that stretched tire thing is actually very popular, and from what i hear, was so in some racing in the 80s.....what racing, dont ask me, probably something euro. The tires arent just regular tires put on a rim made too wide...at least the ones that people buy that know what their doing. the tires are made to do that, so it is just as safe as a regular one. It's done in Germany because i believe it is/was a law that the entire tread area on the tire has to be underneath the wheel well...hence the VW audi's and such have more noticable wheel flares, so they can fit a wider tread on the car legally, and they use the larger rim for all i can tell just for the look of it...since they do look rather intimidating if done right.

hopefully that made sense, i'll re-read it and edit if needed when i wake up later today...just did my 20 minute ride home from boston and i need some sleep
                        It makes sense to me , I wasnt aware that they made tires that did that ,news to me

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
                        Motegi MR12 rims in gold
                        Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
                        MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
                        Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
                        P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

Yay to A1 and A2 VWs....the only good VWs.
                          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                          -93 MR2, 129 ES
                          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Kinda close

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                            Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Well, I think it looks killer....im not going to be doing it myself, but I think it looks good!
                              Eat ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X