Making a civic hood fit my protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a civic hood fit my protege

I have had this idea for a lil while now since the civic hoods and our hoods look the same im doing to get the dimentions of both hoods and see if i can order a nice civic hood.. fiberglass of course and depends on what i need to do trim it down or make it bigger just a thought what are your guys options on this idea?
    1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

hood are appearance items, and should be discussed in the appearance section of the forum...
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I sell a kit for $99.99 that can adapt the civic hood to the Protege.

Here are the quality components included:

Comment

thats cute tart
        1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

davens, i'll take 10 of your kits. where do i send the money to?lol

do i smell great ebay scheme????hmmmm, it could work.
          Almost there

jdm tails... check
          jdm bumper... check
          ms lip... check
          ms grill... check
          ms sideskirts... check
          ms rear skirts... check
          ms spoiler... check
          ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
          Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

my aren't you guys helpful... someone starts a serious thread to improve the looks of our pros and you dick around with him ....
            .... sounds like a cool idea... i have no idea if it will actually work but hey if it does then great... i'm still waitin on my carbon fiber hood though.. but keep us up on how it goes
            In the Garage
            Black 93 MX-3 GS
            Bp powered
            GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
            MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

I think it will be great if it will work . Have some doubts about how it will fit , but good luck anyway .
              98 protege LX for appearance
              89 626 GT for performance

Comment

why dont ujust go buy another protege hood and do some fiberglass work to it so it looks like a civic hood but not actually one.... would prolly be cheaper and might even look better since you wouldnt have to cut or anyhting like that

Comment

Some people obviously don't appreciate a sense of humor...

Have you even seen a civic hood? Both my civics hoods are wider and shorter than my Protege's hood. Sure you can trim the sides but what are you going to do about length? Extend it? With what reinforcement? Unless you're an experienced metal/body fabricator(and you wouldn't be asking if you were) I'll bet the final product is less than worth it.

You want to a cool hood? Take a protege hood, find one of the aforementioned fabricators and have them graft in some subtle, tasteful scoops, vents, creases, bulges etc etc.

Comment

theres a difference bewteen a sence of humor and being stupid and i was asking peoples options on the matter so if u got shyt to say then dont say it thank you

Comment

*couch*theman*cough*

Comment

Originally posted by lowpro98
                        theres a difference bewteen a sence of humor and being stupid and i was asking peoples options on the matter so if u got shyt to say then dont say it thank you
                        Attitude adjustment dude...if your first reaction to something lighthearted is to get pissy...well, I'm glad you're not my next door neighbor.

I went a step further and even told you why it was bad idea.

If you still want the ghetto'd fiberglass bondo job that fits poorly, looks like ass, and actually decreases your cars value, then you're a determined SOB, I'll give you that.

I did have "shyt" to say, you just didn't like it.

Comment

a ghetto job yup u got me on that one hahahw/e dude ure gettign to the point of making me laugh and me and yes ure lucky u aint my neighbor so dont reply no more bc its annoying

Comment

hey man sorry those couple of posts werent me my dam friends were browsing the site and posted on my name so no hard feeling i no u were messin around and trust me i have the sickest humor si siry man

Comment

Originally posted by lowpro98
                              hey man sorry those couple of posts werent me my dam friends were browsing the site and posted on my name so no hard feeling i no u were messin around and trust me i have the sickest humor si siry man
                              I know how that is. My friends like to pop onto my aol instant messanger from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                              X