crank scraper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crank scraper

Can anybody verify that these do anything? In theory it sounds plausable.

94 Protege LX

I've heard that they don't do crap ola.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

it's only $50. buy it and see what happens.
      89 Supra Turbo
      87 RX-7 TII
      91 dx
      92 dx

Comment

50whp+++!!!!!

Comment

some N/A Honda guys say they have gained as much as 5 hp. I could see it helping but nothing significant (but every little bit off of the rotating mass can help). I think Mazda produced something similar on the later BP's. I remember reading something on it recently but I cant remember for sure.
          Josh
          95' AWD MX-3 RST - Still a work in progress
          05' MS RX-8 - Needing some love in the form of a new motor, soon to be FE3 powered
          Work Log - http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53776
          Cardomain Page - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/408020
          Face Book page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mazda-...37983472959216

Comment

doesnt the MBSP's on later model miatas do damn near the same thing? I think thats what your talking about josh... not sure though.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

but wouldnt there also be aproblem ofthe junkad grime scrapedof gettingdowninside somethiNG?
              1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
              Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
              "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard
                but wouldnt there also be a problem of the junk and grime scraped off getting down inside somethiNG?
                spaces added.

It keeps the oil from sloshing out of the pan and up onto the rods/pistons.

There shouldn't be junk/grime in there unless you dont change you oil often enough or you have a problem.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Info. about scrapers. Most info is toward s the bottom of the page.

93' 5spd DX
                  R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                  X