Ryan's cut intake manifold....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan's cut intake manifold....

Well I finally got the "new" intake manifold installed. When I first compared the cut manifold vs a stock one, you can definately tell the difference and see how it would help the airflow. It took me a bit longer to get my old manifold off, seeing how the bottom bolts are a PITA to get to, but I got em. After installing the new manifold, and getting the vacuum hoses back together (thanks to bruce for the pics) I started my car up and it sounded like a pissed off Subaru engine. LOL....I thought about it and ryan brought up that another member didn't install his TB gasket, which I forgot to do as well. I put the new tb gasket on, started her up and vroom...the nice purr of a BP! Anyhow, my car pulls alot smoother now, and it pulls right up until redline, idles nice and smooth, throttle response seems to be better, and not to mention it sounds badass!

End result- 2 thumbs up.....

Now I gotta get this bitch on the dyno....
    Eat ****.

awesome, Very glad you enjoy the benifts of it.
    2 thumbs up for creative thinking...it leads to great ideas.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

yeah i gotta pick up hte TB gasket for mine :D lol, and hopefully it will stop idling at 600

Comment

Do It!
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Indeed! DOOOOOOOO IT!

91Pro - Thats awesome dude, congrats! w00t w00t

Comment

i'll do second gen manifolds too

Comment

haha ill take you up on that offer when i have a running 2nd gen

Comment

I need to get one for myself as well...

Comment

what did you do to the manifold? what's it look like?

Comment

i have a 2nd gen and apparently it does make a difference and i need all the help i can get.

Comment

More info can be seen at this webpage:

link thanks to bpt323

Comment

the link did not show me anything... i mean if I did go that route on my 2nd gen I'd liek to know what he's doing with my manifold... i would be paying after all, lol...

Comment

removing the section obstructing flow to the VICS, rounding the inlets of the VICS butterflys & generally cleaning up a few rough casting areas.

If you were to ship me your manifold the cost is minimal since im not providing a manifold + return shipping of roughly ~$15 or less (youd ship only the top half/dynamic chamber). More dependant on if you want it cleaned up a bit. per say if it was oily fromt he PCV.

Comment

thats not too bad, but since this is my only car, i can't have it out of commission...

any chance you could secure me a 1.8 liter BP throttle body? you could do the process to it AND since the 1.8 bolts onto the z5 it would give me a slight boost there as well? of course I'd pay ya and then some for the manifold and the work.

Comment

your running the z5 eh?? thats too bad. the manifold cutting applies specifically to the 1.8 BP. I'll make sure to edit the page to display that.

Comment

Working...
                              X