I want to paint my amp, need some suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to paint my amp, need some suggestions

I saw this picture online somewhere and thought it was pretty cool. I have this same amp and would love to paint the shrouds blue to match my exterior.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about doing this? Do I need special paint because of the heat this thing generates? Any ideas on how to match the "Lazer Blue Mica"?

Thanks guys.
    Attached Files

Easily find your color and order the same automotive touch up paint used by industry professionals. Match to factory color guaranteed. Get started now.

kinda expensive but many can attest to the pefect color match
    2003 P5 Midnight Blue
    Buddy Club 2 Side skirts, DGM front lip
    OBX header, MAM SS midpip, HKS exhaust
    Racing beat sway, tokico hp's, tein stechs, gtspec tie bar, awr front motor mount
    sun ground kit
    5spd sunroof
    Carputer (DivX, MP3, NES, GPS, OBD-2 next)
    7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
    power acoustik 2.4f cap, power acoustik EQ, Power Acoustik A1800db
    6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

newer amps typically don't get as hot as older amps, but i don't see why high temp paint would be needed.

Comment

I'd take them to the local body shop and see how much they'd want to shoot 'em up for you.

Standard auto paint is A-OK - no need for high-heat paint.

It'll probably be cheaper to have a body shop do it than do it yourself.

On another note, you COULD just use a DupliColor rattle can and get it REALLY close to the right color. It probably won't be 100% the same, but you'll only notice if you hold the amp up against the car to compare. Sitting in the trunk - you'll never know the difference.

The shrouds on those Kickers are designed to be removeable and paintable. Just you wait - once the CarSound.com forum is back up and running again, I can point you toward some awesome work done with them - including one where a guy molded 2 amp shrouds into a fiberglass structure so the amps look like they are part of the final piece - it's amazing.

~HH

Comment

hihoslva, carsound is back up, but it doesn't have the old stuff not sure if you can search for the old stuff and bring it up that way. the address to it changed from what i had saved on my laptop, so it wouldn't come up. here's the new one:

Comment

Sweet, Bri - thanks for the heads up. And I'm gonna search for that Kicker amp thing that "Richie Rich" did - it was a Hummer for a kicker rep, and came out sick.

~HH

Comment

Found 'em:

And how ' bout THIS for A-pillars:

~HH

Comment

And some more interesting paint work a Kicker amp:

~HH

Comment

sweet pics HH i missed them on carsound. i can't wait till i get that good with custom fabrications

Comment

That install is incredible! Thanks for the pics. I don't think I'll do anything that extreme, but I will try and do something a little different than plain old stock.

Comment

Working...
                    X