flashoptions.com Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flashoptions.com Feedback

Has anybody dealt with them before? If so, how do they rate? I'm thinking of buying a front clip from them.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

DONT DO IT!! IF you do buy from them get the money in an escrow account before you pay them anything...that way you can release the money when you get your clip...

I have been waiting 17 months and counting for my GTX front clip from those A-holes... They want the money wire transfered which was a total pain, and then still no replys to my emails or a refund...

I hope this helps.. If you talk to them ask them were my clip is...

Thanks..

Comment

17 months? Holy crap that's a long time. I've ordered parts from half a world away and it's taken a lot less to get to me. I'll move this thread over to the buyer/seller feedback part of the forum. Might help others in the future.
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
      -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Some people have good luck with them (very few), others send money and get nothing.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Considering it only takes me 6 weeks to build a turn key rally car... My protege would already be done by now.. I was waiting for the motor and trany before doing the cage and seam welding... Oh well now I have a fun econmical street car...

Comment

I was lookin at going with these guys a while back... A little sketch of it now... =S
            1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
            Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
            "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

if the prices are too good to be true, then they probably are.

Just think, how can you expect to have some guy in another coutry pull a motor out of a car, put it on a pallette, ship it thousands of miles, and only pay a couple of hundred bucks?

Comment

i would, ill send him a engine......on a peice of paper..just like when peter griffin was going to buy a new car he has an engine drawn in a paper in the engine bay hehehehhehe
                My Toys =D

Comment

Originally posted by ScOrTGtC
                  i would, ill send him a engine......on a peice of paper..just like when peter griffin was going to buy a new car he has an engine drawn in a paper in the engine bay hehehehhehe
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

g'times
                  1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                  Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                  "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Hmmm, any recommendations or alternatives?

Oh, and I wasn't sure which section to put this thread in so thanks for moving it.
                    1990 Protege 4WD
                    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                    ├┼┤
                    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Whats wrong with this picture..er...page?

http://flashoptions.com/product.asp?prodID=289
                      DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

It's a picture of an NA motor

93' 5spd DX
                        R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by protegebob
                          It's a picture of an NA motor
                          Yet another reason to wonder.

As far as other options look up Raceup in Florida. They are well known. Bascially look for an importer site that has a number that you can call and talk to someone. If they are a legit business you should see the veri Sign logo on their site to verify that they are legit, and have a contact number that is within the US that you can call with any questions.

Raceup selling one (a clean ass looking one at that) on eBay currently:

Comment

Working...
                          X