Alarm recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm recommendations

Just wanted to see what you all recommend as far as paging alarms go. What kind of sensors do you recommend and what have your experiences been?

DEI for the win

Viper or Clifford, you can't go wrong.

Backup battery siren and/or backup battery. IMHO, a shock sensor and maybe a tilt sensor are enough. Too many sensors just add more complication. Installation is priority #1 otherwise all is lost in the choice of product.

Comment

anyone hear anything about autopage/compustar?

I talked to some pro installers and they recommend the autopage one over the viper/clifford.

Comment

heres an installation tip, do not mount the brain of the alarm (some are built into the siren) on the top portion of the firewall , a good ol speaker magnet will disable them nice and quick........
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I have been very happy with my Viper alarm. It was installed over 3 years ago and has given me ZERO problems. Its kinda getting out dated but it works great. Make sure your install is really sound, and hid the brain.
          BP-05 Turbo-Sold
          2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Originally posted by Lex
            anyone hear anything about autopage/compustar?

I talked to some pro installers and they recommend the autopage one over the viper/clifford.

compustar is the best out there. their spread spectrum alarms have some seriously long range. plus they are very very reliable.

Comment

Should I be adding any other sensors aside from the included glass/shock one?

I want to protect my intercooler attached behind my bumper.

Comment

you could add an additional shock sensor near the intercooler or a proximity sensor.

Comment

Sounds good - will a DEI proximity sensor work with a compustar/autopage alarm?

I know it can be wired in, but how well do they work with that alarm?

Comment

i really don't know. give your local compustar dealer a call, they'll know best.

Comment

the DEI prox sensor can be wired to work with almost any alarm. Unless the shock sensor is built into the brain, it should have the pre-warn and full trigger wires (plus the power and ground) for the shock sensor that the prox sensor can tap into.

Comment

Yup, those were my thoughts exactly. Thanks!

Comment

i run the clarion ungo sr6000 in the 97 protege. works awsome! i bought another one for my other as well. thought about putting it in the GP. havent put it in yet though. been sitting in my closet since like september...lol
                          1997 mazda Protege LX -4 12" subs,clarion DVD player,clarion H/U
                          1998 fordF-150 -lowered 6" 20in rims,custom flames,roush side exit exhaust...etc.
                          1993 Ford Probe GT -New project.
                          advertisement car:1993 acura NSX ,widebody kit,lambo orange paint,etc.
                          new advertisement car-1991 nissan 300ZX TT

Comment

Viper 791XV
                            Backup Battery
                            Piezo siren (for interior)
                            Glass break sensor

The reason i add the glass sensor is that you can put it on a seperate paging zone. So if just the shock sensor reports in the middle of the night, you can just sometimes say flase alarm and get lazy about it. But if the glass sensor ever reports, its holy **** run with your shotgun out time.

Comment

Working...
                            X