Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Garden state plasa meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garden state plasa meet

Thespeedlounge is throwing a meet on the 26th of febuary

Summary:
    Place: Garden State Plaza parking lot, close to the Best buy
    Intersection of Rt. 4 and Rt. 17 in Bergen County.
    Date: Sunday Febraury 26th.
    Time: 5 O'clock
    Wash your cars for pictures.

(Edit 1)
    If there is an issue with GSP security or rain/snow we will be moving right across route 4 to the IKEA parking garage. I have heard of meets going there without a problem, but I'd like to avoid the garage as I don't like the idea of many fast cars in a confined space.

Also, If the turn out isn't too large I would like to get everyone afterwards to head towards a restaurant.

The only restaurants large enough to acommadate a large group would be:

Minado - Sushi and Japanese Buffet
    Brazilian SteakHouse - May be packed
    TGIF - Again may be packed
    Hooters - If the turn out is smaller, this can be an option.

If anyone in the area knows of anywhere large enough for let's estimate 50 people, please post it up as a suggestion.

(Edit 2)

Simple guidelines:
    Please no burnouts, peelouts, donuts, WOT entrances.
    Try to keep the attention down, so if you have a loud exhaust try to keep the rev's down. Wanna not run into problems so we can run this again a few months from now if it goes well.

Please Park and lock your cars, don't want any problems, if you wanna put up your hood to show off your bling, go ahead.

If we run into anyone who creates a problem (stealing and the such) I'm sure everyone else would not have a problem with a group beat down.

If you have any parts that you are gonna bring to sell please post it or PM me and I'll make a master list.

I'm going to get a small prize to have for a small unofficial "Best of Meet" contest. May have other awards but they will have to be significantly smaller items as It's coming out of my wallet.

I've dubbed this project of mine. "CCM - Crossroads Car Meet"

Update why cant I edit this

new links

Looking like there should be hundreds of people there. They had to move it to the Fireplace. its a resterant outside of the GSP they actually got permission from the owners to use the resterant parking lot. it fits some 200 cars and there expected to be full up so there taking about getting the lot next door too.

Looks like its hit the sentra, corrola, supra, honda, and wrx forums at the least. Time to get off my ass and get these springs on so I can reprisent.

Im still gonna have all the mazda guys meet up somewhere and drive down together if you want, prob the gsp but theres already another drive up happening at njit in newark.
    Last edited by zerocover; 02-18-2006, 11:35 AM.

Comment

If anyones gonna be comming up drop me a pm. Ill help you get there in one piece.

Comment

Greatest meet ever! At least 500 cars we filled up the fireplace lot then the lord and taylor lot then procedded to take up the paramus park mall parking lot. Sooooo many people were there.

And as usuall I was the only protege. There was one 6 and one 3 and about 40 rx-7's.

There were a few skylines but they were the joke of the meet.

The big dogs were the 3x diablo vt's, viper, corvete c5r, Gallardo!

Everyone was there, they had a muscle car section with gto's, chevetts, mustangs, cammaros, etc. Then there was the suburu section, the evo section, the new civic si section, supra section, prelude section, everyone was there. There was a spot for every make and model and year too bad I had to hang out with the rotory guys. I brought up that I was the only piston mazda and the guy was like no these couple of guys have v8's wtf!

Around 5 O clock a burn out comp started by some idiot in an integ. Needless to say he got powned by all the muscle cars which were distrubingly quite. The old pro had to get in on it and show the dam hondas how its done. All and All it was really orginized even the popo were there but hey just left without a word.

Photos courtesy of the scoobi forums. I should have brought my camera. Ill have more up when other guys post them.

Comment

Working...
        X