gtx ecu on a gtr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gtx ecu on a gtr

hello, I would like to know if a gtx ecu (bp26) will fit on a gtr engine. I know that the injector impedance is not the same so I'd like to put 550cc rx7 injectors high impedance... is it possible? What's about the boost cut from bp26... can I bypass it? Thank you!

Well, the BP26 ECU will run a motor with the VJ23 turbo but it won't do it well due to it's fuel mappings that are made for smaller airflow. Even if you throw big injectors on there, the car will run poorly - it's not worth it

Comment

You'll get fuel/boost cuts waay to early, the GTR needs more fuel and generates for boost then the GTX

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

spend a little more, get a stand alone and enjoy finer tuning.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Well, what are your suggestions for a stand alone. I don't know that at all! Is it difficult to install. Thanks

Comment

haltech
            Microtech
            Megasquirt (if you're good at electronics and want to build it yourself)
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
              haltech
              Microtech
              Megasquirt (if you're good at electronics and want to build it yourself) OR go prebuilt for still FAR less then the above!
              Fixed!
              **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
              95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

go standalone

even if you had the gtr ecu AND the gtr maf, the maf tops out at about 320hp, and beyond that it wont give correct fuel.

BUT if you think thats enough, i do have a gtr maf i could part with.

Comment

Originally posted by StealthStyle
                  go standalone

even if you had the gtr ecu AND the gtr maf, the maf tops out at about 320hp, and beyond that it wont give correct fuel.

BUT if you think thats enough, i do have a gtr maf i could part with.
                  Once i go turbo i'm figuring its easier to wire up a megasquirt then pull out the whole damn wiring harness to run a GTX/GTR ECU!
                  **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                  95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Ok thanks and are the TPS and the O2 sensors from GTX are the same for the GTR.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2
                      Once i go turbo i'm figuring its easier to wire up a megasquirt then pull out the whole damn wiring harness to run a GTX/GTR ECU!

Or just plug in a GTX ECU in your existing harness.

Bang for buck - for the VJ20, the GTX ECU will run the car well

Comment

get a microtech ems. go with ltx-8 or ltx-10. and request a gtr map. wiring is not hard and if done right the car will start right up. all that's left is to fine tune. one of the best standalones for BP motors IMO

Comment

Working...
                        X