Greddy Profec B Spec I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greddy Profec B Spec I

Ok, finally got rid of my Manual Boost Controller (MBC) and switched to my Electronic Boost Controller (EBC); the Greddy Profec B Spec I. I went and picked up some Silicone Vac line (advantage of that over rubber is that it does not get affected by heat, so I pretty much have it running 2" from my exhaust manifold and it doesn't affect it at all), and installed it. Took it out on the road and did 3rd gear pulls at 60 or so until I got it to sit flat at 1 bar (14.7 PSI).

The Cool things about the EBC is that it controls how fast the wastegate opens up, which meant that I had no more boost spikes, Nothing like I was having with the MBC. With the MBC it would spike up to 1.5-2 BAR! It was nutz and scary. So you first tune the speed of the wastegate then you just tune the boost using your Boost gauge. All you do is turn a knob and watch your boost guage to see where the boost is. VERY VERY EASY!

I Honestly say that it is a worthwhile upgrade. Very Nice, cool looking (I got the clear blue which seriously looks like a space ship when lit up), reliable, and you don't have to get out of your seat to adjust it .

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
    Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Werd. electronic > manual
    I have an old profec A and never had to worry about spikes or creeps.

Comment

Totally agree

Comment

how much did it run you?
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I paid about $500 for my profec A back in 1997 or 1998.

Comment

$190, i got ripped, you can get em for $160 if you look

Comment

thumbs up to the profec b for features. i had a spec ii on both my tii and mkiii.
              innocent until proven guilty. i have yet to see any valid proof.

Comment

Working...
              X