JSPEC rear bumper for 1st gen protegé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JSPEC rear bumper for 1st gen protegé

I am not sure if this is just available in japan... but I am looking for the rear bumper that will let me put my licence plate to the bumper instead of the rear trim...

Marck

yep. japanese only option. rare, but they can be found occasionally. i'm fresh out.
    Guess who's back, back again. cable's back.. tell a friend.

Comment

Marck, if you find one, make certain all the clips and mounting points aren't broken. It'll save you a bunch of problems down the road.
      My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
      - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
        Marck, if you find one, make certain all the clips and mounting points aren't broken. It'll save you a bunch of problems down the road.
        Thanks for the tip Mike!

What do you guys think of molding a 323 rear bumper (for licence plate) and a protegé rear bumper??

Comment

I gave that some thought before I got a hold of my rear bumper...I think using an MX3 bumper would look a bit better. Would be quite a bit of work though moulding urethane together. I know I was quoted lotsa $$$ for it.
          My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
          - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

You could also modify your existing Protege bumper. I've seen a couple of people do it and the end result was pretty nice.
            -------------------------
            '91 LX
            '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
            -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
            well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by MarckP5
              Thanks for the tip Mike!

What do you guys think of molding a 323 rear bumper (for licence plate) and a protegé rear bumper??
              That's what I did ... still needs some work to look right though...

Comment

Working...
              X