install questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

install questions

I have a rockford fosgate 55.2 amp and 2 blaupunc 10's in a custom box. I want to add this in addition to the kenwood system in my MSP. Can I just put a Y splitter on the RCA to feed both amps? also can I splice off of the power cable that is already run to the back of the car? or will I need to run a new cable all the way to the battery?

thanx

it would probably be better to just get rid of the stock stuff in the msp and run new wires....tha'ts what we did in my friends msp. ..we took out the stock msp audio rack (took out the covers for the 6x9s to let the bass go though those holes, dropped in 2 kicker 10in compvr's and fed them 300rms and it hits pretty hard. . .we are eventualy going to use the amp that came with the msp to power his front speakers to give them some more power.....we just used the preouts that went into the stock kenwood amp and plugged them into the new amp. .we will eventually runanotehr set of rca's for the front

-rich
    2003 P5 Midnight Blue
    Buddy Club 2 Side skirts, DGM front lip
    OBX header, MAM SS midpip, HKS exhaust
    Racing beat sway, tokico hp's, tein stechs, gtspec tie bar, awr front motor mount
    sun ground kit
    5spd sunroof
    Carputer (DivX, MP3, NES, GPS, OBD-2 next)
    7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
    power acoustik 2.4f cap, power acoustik EQ, Power Acoustik A1800db
    6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

yeah, don't bother running both setups. and you'll want to run new wires for the RF amp.

Comment

agreed, don't run both setups, but to answer your question, you can buy y's for the rca's, and you could split the power wire, but its not advised b/c of it size, you wouldn't be able to pull enough power for both amps.
        '02 classic red p5
        currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

well. . ..don't most amps have a pre-out anyway so you can daisy chain amps. ....thus you could keep the same pre-amp voltage
          2003 P5 Midnight Blue
          Buddy Club 2 Side skirts, DGM front lip
          OBX header, MAM SS midpip, HKS exhaust
          Racing beat sway, tokico hp's, tein stechs, gtspec tie bar, awr front motor mount
          sun ground kit
          5spd sunroof
          Carputer (DivX, MP3, NES, GPS, OBD-2 next)
          7in lcd molded to dash

pioneer 3ways all around
          power acoustik 2.4f cap, power acoustik EQ, Power Acoustik A1800db
          6 RE 8's on the way

Comment

some do, some don't
            '02 classic red p5
            currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Working...
            X