323 v6 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

323 v6 swap

hello i just wondering if i the steering rack is the same as is it on the mx-3
    i have the mx-3 v6 subframe i font have the steering sorry for my bad english
    thanks from a norwegian viking hehe

the subframe swaps, as well the steering rack should.

The steering rack on the v6 MX-3 is a lower ratio, and will make it quicker to steer.

Pics of your 323?
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

but i dont need the steering rack too get the subframe on then i mean the engine mount will not hit the steering rack.

so do the steering rack form a 323 vs mx-3 the only difrent is the lower ratio on the mx-3 but it is the same shape

her is my car is the white one whit the v6 going in to, the blue one its going to be a gt-r engine in it. all the pics are here mazda owners group norway

Comment

man I wish I could read norweigan.

Very nice 323. We have a few people on here that swapped in the v6 into their sedan.

They used pretty much all the parts from the MX-3, and just swapped them all over to their car.

Here is a how-to that one of them wrote.

Oh and since we have a swap section, I am going to move this thread there.

Comment

the moutn wont hit the steering rack. u actually only need the passenger side mount..

Comment

okey thanks i will post some pics when i fhinnis whit the prosject

Comment

Originally posted by low and slow
              okey thanks i will post some pics when i fhinnis whit the prosject
              please do!

Comment

everything will be easy... except the radiator... soo that should be you first priority find a radiator, the size of the protege/323 radiator, but with connecitons of the mx3 Gs radiator, meanign upper on the top right, and lower on the bottom left. Closest oen i found was the 94 miata radiator.

Comment

i was thinking to us the v6 radiator since this is a 2liter v6 then is it 2 fans on it and it is there for a reason i think hehe. i was thinking to costum mount the radiator and use som universal hoses to get it to fit

Comment

They have 'correct hand drive' GTX's and GTR's.

Comment

y0 I am a seed of some Seattle Norwegians. I am like 75% blood, but anyways, Your car looks good. You throwing the turbo on that V6?

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                      Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Originally posted by low and slow
                        i was thinking to us the v6 radiator since this is a 2liter v6 then is it 2 fans on it and it is there for a reason i think hehe. i was thinking to costum mount the radiator and use som universal hoses to get it to fit
                        the mx3 v6 radiators, are too wide to fit stock front end of the pro/323. The 4 cyl mx3 radiators dont have the correct hookups. u CAN use the protege radiator butit will be backwards. Meaning the upper will connect to the lower section, and the lower section will connect to the top of the radiator.

Wat motor are u using? KFZE 2.0? K8 1.8? KLDE 2.5?

2 fans and that radiator mounted inside the engine bay isnt gonna work. 2 fans mounted on the revers side will work. But first u will have to decide what you gonna do radiator wise. The mx3 v6 radiator will go in there but u will have to hack up the front end abit, that was gonna be my plan. But i ofund out the 94 miata is almost perfect almost the same size as the stock pro radiator, and it has the same locations for the upper and lower radiator hoses.

Also its gonan be a bitch to find universal hoses, to run the motor ont he protege radiator hoses, and when u do u MIGHT have to use a connector... and when u do that they will donothin but bust thru the connectors... unless u remove the thermostat...

Comment

Is that Miata radiator realloy up to the cooling for the 2.5? Did you notice any changes in the temp guage position under normal driving?

I'm affraid, that for my application, it may not be up to the task. Although i am sure there are many aftermarket 94 Miata radiators to choose from

Comment

Originally posted by BuGS
                            y0 I am a seed of some Seattle Norwegians. I am like 75% blood, but anyways, Your car looks good. You throwing the turbo on that V6?
                            do you mean the turbo on the floor i iseent to sure what i gonna use it on. now is just decoration on my shelf hehe

Wat motor are u using? KFZE 2.0? K8 1.8? KLDE 2.5?
                            is a 2liter kf-ze from a 323f 95-98
                            Last edited by low and slow; 02-24-2006, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                              Is that Miata radiator realloy up to the cooling for the 2.5? Did you notice any changes in the temp guage position under normal driving?

I'm affraid, that for my application, it may not be up to the task. Although i am sure there are many aftermarket 94 Miata radiators to choose from

for the short time i got to drie mine it never ran hot, or for thta matter ran anywhere close to hot. BUt i didnt have a thermostat installed b/c i didnt want to bust anymore radiator hoses. But im confident that the miata radiator would cool it down. THe protege radiator is larger than the GS radiator. ANd the miata radiator is just a ocuple of inches smaller on each side, and has the same thickness as them. I perssonnally would turst it.

Comment

Working...
                              X