Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polyurethane engine mounts for 1st gen, front and rear, 2 durometers available

THIS THEAD IF FOR OFFICIAL BUYERS ONLY, IF YOU PUT YOUR NAME YOU AGREE TO BUY THE PRODUCT AND WILLING TO PUT SOME MONEY UP FRONT PRIOR TO RECEIVING IT.

NAMES ONLY!! *POST YOUR Q'S HERE*
    : http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22457

If you haven't read the GI post, here's the deal:

For 65$ you get BOTH NEW (not filled old mounts) front and rear engine mounts (they actually bolt to the tranny but are often stated as engine mounts) with YOUR CHOICE of 60A or 80A durometer (60A being a little harder than stock mounts, 80A is hard).

Poly engine mounts will prevent wheel hop under hard accelerations and will improve shifts since the engine moves less in the engine bay. Mine are fully filled as opposed to stock mounts so even with the same duro as stock, the engine would move less in the engine bay. But for better improvement I went 60A for most people and 80A for hardcore enthousiasts.

1st gen owners, it's time to speak up and get those in the BG. I doubt anyone else will offer that kind of product at that price with 2 choices of duros, EVER.

Official list:

-1st Gen (60A)
    -Marc93lx (80A)
    -Pastor_Protege (rear only 80A)
    -Whistler (60A)
    -thegreatelbobo (80A)
    -Tazman2 (80A)

They look like that on my CAD soft which represents the real thing very well :

Last edited by Maz1.8T; 02-24-2006, 12:20 PM.

Put me down for a set. (front and back)

Awesome work by the way
    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Gen
      Put me down for a set. (front and back)

Awesome work by the way
      What duro?

Comment

60a, unless your offereing stock as well. I'm looking for that sweet spot.

Comment

Im in for front/back 80a.

Any chance for the other two mounts?
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I'll take one rear mount. 80a
            Back in BG business.

Comment

Put me down for both (front and rear). 60A durometer

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
                Im in for 80a.

Any chance for the other two mounts?
                Not for now cause I don't think they are worth it. The engine moves from front to rear, not side to side so I'm not quite sure there's something to be gained here. I'm opened to theories, facts, experiences proving me wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by Maz1.8T
                  Not for now cause I don't think they are worth it. The engine moves from front to rear, not side to side so I'm not quite sure there's something to be gained here. I'm opened to theories, facts, experiences proving me wrong though.
                  I was told that the factory rubber mounts are only good for 100,000 miles or 10 years at the most. I would be interested in the other two just for reasonably priced replacements. If you end up making them you can count me in too.
                  Back in BG business.

Comment

UPDATE!!

Good AND bad news!

Bad news: I'm laid off for at least 2 weeks from my regular mech. engineering job

Good news: the fact I'm laid off will have as only consequences for the goup buy, I will have more time to do 'em!! lol ... so no biggy about the job!

Good news 2: the HSS tubings used for the 'round' part of the supports are on their way to my house. Next step will be ordering the Poly and steel brackets (7 days delay for those). I will post pics of the HSS tubing when I get 'em to show you the serious of this GB.

Oh and you guys can thank my local protege club, clubprotegequebec.com for having already 5 buyers for mount kits. Considering the size of the club I'm stunned and because of BOTH YOU guys and THEM (my local club), this GB is possible!!! Thumbs up!
                    Last edited by Maz1.8T; 02-23-2006, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Well, that sucks, and congrats, respectively.

Comment

I'll take front and rear 80A

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatelbobo
                          I'll take front and rear 80A
                          That's it!! With you we're at 10 total interested people! My initial goal!

THANKS TO ALL!!! Let's bring more now!!

Comment

Put me down for both front/back 80a please! I want it HARD BABY!
                            **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                            95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

UPDATE!

I will have to stop taking names for now and just do a first batch. I'll do more if more people are interested.

I will proceed to order the rest of the parts needed right on monday morning.

Will keep you updated!

THANKS TO ALL!!

Comment

Working...
                              X