SCCA required helmet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCCA required helmet?

According to the safety rules, it says you need a snell 90 or newer DOT approved helmet. Will this one suffice? link
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

No, that's an M2000, not SN2000
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Where is a good place to get one for a good price?
      Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

I have a HJC AC-11 motorcycle helmet that I got from www.newenough.com for I think $135. I looked it up on HJC's website and says meets or exceeds SNELL and DOT standards, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

When they say Snell standards they mean Snell motorcycle standards. You may be able to use the motorcycle variety for local autocrosses, but it's iffy to me.

You won't be able to find them cheap, because -- it's one of the most important safety aspects! You don't want to cheap out on your brain. Other than that, look on Ebay for the used variety. G*Force seems to be more of the more affordable brands.
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
            When they say Snell standards they mean Snell motorcycle standards. You may be able to use the motorcycle variety for local autocrosses, but it's iffy to me.

You won't be able to find them cheap, because -- it's one of the most important safety aspects! You don't want to cheap out on your brain. Other than that, look on Ebay for the used variety. G*Force seems to be more of the more affordable brands.
            Well if anything, one would assume that motorcycle helmets should have more difficult testing than non-motorcycle snell testing. But I guess I could be wrong.
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
            X