Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

must fight the urge... must not.... ARGH!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

must fight the urge... must not.... ARGH!!

as some of you know, im in the process of selling an eclipse. from which ill be getting (a minimum) of $9,000.

from the info ive gathered, i can turbo myself for under $3,000. have you ever had a piece of cake dangled in front of your nose, when you were REALLY in the mood for cake?

my only issue is the question of reliability. if i do strap one on there, how is it going to affect A. my gas mileage B. the length of my engine's life
    Serenity's Dead.

all depends how u use it and what setup u go with, Dont floor it everywhere and think your gonna get 40 mpg

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
      all depends how u use it and what setup u go with, Dont floor it everywhere and think your gonna get 40 mpg
      No way. With my car semi-tuned and getting on it every once in a while i get between 19-20 mpg.
      -Robert
      '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

how much did yours cost total spoolin, and did u do it yourself? if not how much was it to have done?
        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
          how much did yours cost total spoolin, and did u do it yourself? if not how much was it to have done?
          I still haven't added it up yet! Bit honestly id say close to $6k, partly because I screwed up my motor once. Yes me and my dad did it ourselves.
          -Robert

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

think id be able to get it done for under 3?
            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

barely
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
                think id be able to get it done for under 3?

You would have to get some good deals to get it done under 3.

Comment

I think it is possible. I am hoping on coming in around 2000. I am only gonna be running 8psi so I can have it pretty reliable.
                  BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                  2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

With e vj20 turbo and manifold bolted to your stock lx motor with lx ecu u can do it.

Comment

well i "know a guy, who knows a guy" who can get me any of the vj-series turbo's i want for about 20 bucks. he works at a bery big scrap yard and throws stuff over the fence... hehe. then i know a guy who is a genious when it comes to electronics, so he can hook up all my stuff. the only thing i dont have acess to is all of the piping i need. id have to have that done at a shop, and i think thats where they'd get me.

im thinking of runnin 8 psi also. what kinda hp gain is that gonna give me?
                      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Do it right the first time dont do what sppolin did and not get an intercooler

Comment

or do what i did, and piece it all together over a span of time, and order the piping from jc whitney, the more you have the less a shop is going to charge you , because they will just be doing the labor, not supplying the parts also, i bought most if not 3/4 of my stuff from ebay, from turbo to intercooler, to all my gauges, bov, boost controller, and ass loads more,
                          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!
                          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                            Do it right the first time dont do what sppolin did and not get an intercooler
                            EXACTLY!
                            -Robert

Comment

wait, so you goin to do a gtx swap? or are you just goin to add a turbo to your existing engine? (wut motor do you have btw?)
                              Tag Team

Comment

Working...
                              X