B6T or BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B6T or BP

I have a 93 323. I can get a front clip for B6T for $700 plus shipping or I can get a BP engine and ecu for $230 I just have to take it out myself. Which stop do you think would be better and less complicated or more worth it? thanx in advance...
    Que Tu Habla Willis

sorry i meant which swap would be better not stop....
    Que Tu Habla Willis

Comment

BP, most definately.

The B6T isn't a terrible engine, but the BP has MUCH more potential to make power. The BP makes almost as much power as the B6T in stock form, as well.

With that extra money you save from getting the BP over the B6T, you can do some work and make it even quicker.
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

yeah the b6t is from the 323gtx, not from a protege. go with the bp

Comment

Go for the bp, the b6t has like 130 hp turbo the bp has 125 na with much more potential to get 200 plus whp

Comment

yeah go with the BP. it will even bolt to your existing tranny. you will get the longer gears. You have the same tranny as a 1.8L SOHC. i know it bolts up because i have done it. it works. if you want the particular of a BP swap PM me. i can tell you what wires you need to elongate, and add.

You will need 2 wires for your harness (i have them) an extra wire for the disty (i have a spare also). you can use your stock wiring system, SO DONT CUT AVYTHING!! you will need to lenghen the Engine coolant temp sensor wire on your stock fuel rail wire harness. and you will have to wire in the VICA, and the 4th wire on the disty. all you need is the passenger side engine mount fromt the BP.
            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
            So his engine he goosed
            With much too much boost,
            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

If you plan on doing any tuning, the B6T can put out 230+. That, and the thing loves to rev.

...Just a thought.

With a front clip, you can get a lot of stuff and even sell the gearbox. Maybe even a front lower arm crossmember. Personally, I'd go for the B6T.
              Bryan
              MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Originally posted by midnightblue97
              Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

Zenilder:

tell me more about that B6T buildup. Someone is offering me a complete '89 323 GTX and I'm not sure what to do. What is to be done in order to get around 180 hp... any internals to change? How easy is it and what do I need to put it in my '91 Pro?

Thanks!

Comment

I'm kind of torn. The B6T has just about as much potential as the BP. Hell, the BP is, for all intensive purposes, a larger B6ZE; same head design, same block design, etc etc, just longer. The BP's increase in displacement will aid when taken to the extreme, but for what you'd be doing with it, it really doesn't matter. Agreed, a NA BP will produce a similar output to that of the B6T, but I say perform the swap that would be the least expensive/easiest (all things considered).
                  Last edited by kcbhiw; 11-03-2003, 09:45 PM.
                  -Kevin
                  -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
                  -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
                  -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
                  -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
                  -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Maz1.8T
                    Zenilder:

tell me more about that B6T buildup. Someone is offering me a complete '89 323 GTX and I'm not sure what to do. What is to be done in order to get around 180 hp... any internals to change? How easy is it and what do I need to put it in my '91 Pro?

Thanks!
                    Take a look here

and here

B6T, turbo, festiva, Cam Waugh, swap, hi, performance, suzuki, swift, ACT, SDS, custom, SCC, sport, compact, car, import

Not too much in specifics, but I'm sure if you send an e-mail to cwstuning, they'll give ya some info. Major changes were a bigger turbo and a Miata intake manifold.
                    Bryan
                    MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                    Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

you need to figure out what you GOAL is....and then one or the otehr will become obvious as the better choice.

Personally, you're getting a whole GTX?? DRIVE THAT! duh...
                      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                      -93 MR2, 129 ES
                      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                        you need to figure out what you GOAL is....and then one or the otehr will become obvious as the better choice.

Personally, you're getting a whole GTX?? DRIVE THAT! duh...

"I can get a front clip for B6T for $700 plus shipping or I can get a BP engine and ecu for $230 I just have to take it out myself."

I'm not sure about the laws in FL, but in PA I believe you need both halves of the car to drive legally
                        Dan
                        dreesemonkey

Comment

lmfao gg u lose :p:

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                            "I can get a front clip for B6T for $700 plus shipping or I can get a BP engine and ecu for $230 I just have to take it out myself."

I'm not sure about the laws in FL, but in PA I believe you need both halves of the car to drive legally
                            when i registered my car, they never even saw it. just gave me a tag....
                            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                            -93 MR2, 129 ES
                            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

if you look at Maz1.8T's post, he is looking at a complete car, so that's where the confusion probably set in.

Comment

Working...
                              X