help I hear noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help I hear noise

I just recently had a new passenger side cv axle , new rotors and ceramic brake pads installed and I am hearing noise like the rotor or something is making a metal to metal clunking or plinking sound( which is driving me crazy ) when going over bumps but it's only only on the passenger side...my boyfriend jacked up the car today and double checked everything & found nothing loose ....any ideas what this irritating noise could be ?

My Protege !

Does it ONLY do it when you go over bumps? Might be the balljoints.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

yes only on the passenger side where the CV axle was changed

My Protege !

Comment

Most probably the balljoint... you can see if the rubber is worn or cracked... in that case, grease went out and now the balljoint is loose...
        One day you are born,
        The next big milestone
        you discover go zoom-zoom
        you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Check the lower balljoint and the tie rod ball joint. These are removed in order to do the cv axle. Maybe they didn't get put back on tight enough or they spun when they tried to remove them. Jack the car up till the tires are a few inches off the ground and put it on jack stands, place a pry bar under the tire an pry up a little. It helps if someone else is their to look and see where the clunk is coming from.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

Thanks.....will do

My Protege !

Comment

****....I get a clunk on the driver's side on speed bumps. I hope it's not the same problem...

Comment

Yeah ball joints can be as expensive as cv axles.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

Working...
                X