blue head lights, which ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blue head lights, which ones?

I'm looking for a set of headlights that will actually show blue. What have any of ya'll used that have been nice. Living in Oregon with all the damn rain, the wet roads just obsorb the light. I've noticed though that people with blue or white lights seem to be able to see better. So let the info begin. Oh, and please don't sit here and flame about how bad you hate colored lights. All I want to know is what are the best for a fair price. Thanks.
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

color isn't going to improve your visibility, if you're worried about rain, get a set of fogs, for everyday drivability get Osram Silverstars (not Sylvania) from powerbulbs.co.uk (i think that's the addy)

Comment

Maybe it's just the true HID's, but I have personally noticed through driving customers' cars that it does seemto make some diffrence, but maybe I'm just smokin crack?! Thanks for the link though...

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
        Maybe it's just the true HID's, but I have personally noticed through driving customers' cars that it does seemto make some diffrence, but maybe I'm just smokin crack?! Thanks for the link though...
        HIDs would make sense, although they aren't actually blue. Take a look at a good set of HIDs (BMW for example) head on. They'll look white. The only time they look blue is from an angle (like in an oncoming traffic situation). Good fogs will go a long way in improving your bad weather visibility, but they don't have the range of your main headlights. All things being equal, lighting in bad weather won't be as good as good weather, so you kind of have to make the best of what you can get and just use your head as far as how you're driving.

Comment

In reference to blue appearing headlights or bulbs, you might want to look at the following data: https://www.wihandyman.com/forum/sho...317#post268317

Happy Motoring!
          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

You probably have seen a difference with HIDs, but it's not the color that makes the difference. The only color that will actually help you see better in bad weather is a selective yellow (reference to Daniel Stern again for more info).

The best you can do for your car now is buy E-spec glass lights, put Osram Silverstars or something equivalent in them, and upgrade your wiring harnesses. There's a bunch of stuff about that on Daniel Stern's site as well. The drawback of this, of course, is that it will run you $200-$300 (although after the stuff you're already doing to that car it shouldn't be too bad ) but it's very well worth it. I helped a friend do this and when we were done we honestly couldn't tell if his lights or the HIDs on the BMW next door were brighter.

Comment

please don't get those annoying blue lights!
              they're really ricer. if you don't have HID's, then stay away from the
              wannabe blues. just my 2 cents!

Comment

Just wanted to add on to my previous ideas... for a cheaper way right now, I would get some selective yellow fog lights. Those will light the road in front of you where the light disappears, but not affect things down the road very much, where your lights are already probably adequate.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                  Just wanted to add on to my previous ideas... for a cheaper way right now, I would get some selective yellow fog lights. Those will light the road in front of you where the light disappears, but not affect things down the road very much, where your lights are already probably adequate.
                  On the topic of selective yellow, I haven't found any bulbs that actually state that they're selective yellow. I know Lexus fogs are, but I'm kind of left scratching my head on this one, not that it's a huge problem for me, since I don't have fogs . . .

Comment

Daniel Stern's got 'em.

You can get both bulbs and fog housings in yellow from him... housings are very expensive but good quality, bulbs are relatively cheap. Scroll down this page for both.

EDIT: I haven't checked for them anywhere else, but I would assume that there are some others.

Comment

I was thinking about yellow fogs befor I wrote the thread. I agree that the blues are ricey, and seeing as my car is anything but... Well I do realize that bad weather is bad weather, but I don't think that some of you realize how much it rains here. I am planning on doing a set of fogs in the bumper holes, I just haven't found any I like. Thanks for the linky linkies!

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
                        I was thinking about yellow fogs befor I wrote the thread. I agree that the blues are ricey, and seeing as my car is anything but... Well I do realize that bad weather is bad weather, but I don't think that some of you realize how much it rains here. I am planning on doing a set of fogs in the bumper holes, I just haven't found any I like. Thanks for the linky linkies!
                        Nah, I feel your pain on the bad weather, winter in Cleveland sucks hardcore. Only thing is that there's a limited amount of stuff you can do about it as far as equipment. Selective yellow would probably be your best option for bad weather, since they keep glare to an absolute minimum, and glare is your biggest enemy when the roads are wet.

Comment

If it helps you make up your mind, I've tried blue bulbs here in the past and they were worse than my stock old headlights by quite a bit.

Comment

Real HID lights are actually said to be worse in the rain/snow than regular halogen bulbs.

Comment

Exterior/Interior/Audio - Headlight Bulbs - Looking for a nice blue/purple headlight possibly would consiter white if its really bright. I know silverstars are the standard but Im looking for something abit more obnoxious so people dont cut me off if there an inch away. I already have really bright foglights but they...

Yellow fogs and blue headlights is where its at.

I have the silverstars becuase they were on sale and everyone one says how good they are. THere not. There actually dimmer then stock. As per my link the Phillips blue vision are prob the best around.

I had a friend of mine buy the off road use only blue headlights from pepboys they had a bunch of asian lettering on them IDK which. Its the solid blue kind, really nice. Looking at the car there bluish but on the road they leave a really nice white light much whiter then my silverstars. They also had the half yellow half blue lights that should be awsome, IM gonna try them and see what happens. Interestingliy enough the silverstars are only 4000k in color while his are 5500k. its a night and day diffrence, the silver stars are hardly any better then stock maybe even worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X