replacement HU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacement HU

About 2 weeks ago, my Kenwood KDC-519's LCD died. I bought it at Futureshop with their extended warranty. Kenwood replied to an e-mail informing me that they wouldn't have any LCD screen to replace on my model (as it is discontinued).
    So Futureshop's deal is to give me the equiv. or next up model... which is the KDC-722.

My question is: should I opt to pay the difference between the 722 and the MP822?

I know a fair bit about audio, but not enough to make a well educated decision on the differences and whether or not it's worth the extra $70 to get the next model (or just pay the extra $100 to get the MP922)

As far as I can tell, the MP822's only dif is the mp3/wma playback ability

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

I have the mp522. It only plays mp3's (not wma) but it's a nice unit. The main thing I like about the mp3 playback is that I can fit 5 or 6 albums on one disc. The only warning is that the mp3 sound quality is not as good. I can burn an mp3 from the computer onto a music cd and it will sound better than if I just play it as an mp3... something about their decoder.

Comment

oh. wikkid..
      thanks for the heads up..
      I'll go to the Futureshop this week and bring an MP3 CD, a WMA cd and an Audio CD... try to determine what's best.

RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

It still sounds pretty good anyway... if you're serious about the mp3s though, I've heard that Alpine and Clarion do a lot better.

Comment

Yeah.. I'm still debating going to mp3s.. i don't know if it's worth it.. Although I do have like 60 CDs in my car, I like the simplicity of 1 set per CD.

RB springs
          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Working...
          X