Air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air intake

Hi . I couldn't find information on this forum about cold air intakes for our cars . I want to put air intake in my protege LX 1.5 . If you put it in your car may be you can give me some advise . I heard that I can use intake from other cars .
    Thank you for help .
    98 protege LX for appearance
    89 626 GT for performance

You can make one.
    -tony

Comment

Sounds good . I'm kinda new to all this performanse stuff . If you can tell me where I can get pipes for it ?

Comment

Originally posted by russian
        Sounds good . I'm kinda new to all this performanse stuff . If you can tell me where I can get pipes for it ?
        You can get the pipes at a muffler shop. Or at Canadian Tire. I got a piece of mandrel bent pipe at a performance shop.
        I finished building mine this weekend, it was more difficult than I thought and its kinda ugly. I'd like to see about getting it ceramic coated, but that will have to wait for the time being.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Yeah, after I build mine it still looks ugly, but the car runs better now because of it. Here is a pic:
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

my stock intake has to connections one for the breather and another one that leads to under the trottle body. can anyone help me with what this does???
            Assumption is the mother of all fcukups

Comment

Originally posted by TwinCam16
              my stock intake has to connections one for the breather and another one that leads to under the trottle body. can anyone help me with what this does???
              If Bruce will read this, he should help.

Hey, Bruce. I know you answered this before. This has to deal with 95-96 intakes.

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
                Yeah, after I build mine it still looks ugly, but the car runs better now because of it. Here is a pic:
                Hey . I check couple stores , but none of them have what I want . Where did you get your pipes and other things ?

Comment

I used to work in the shop, so I took some scrap 2" pipes, bend them to what ever angle necessary. The connectors I got at Home Depot. But what many people have done is to get a U-BEND pipe from JCWhitney. You can saw off the pieces at the angles the you might need, and connect them together with rubber couplings. You also would have to worry about securing the whole thing in the enine bay. Thats why I welded a bracket there to hold on to the car, otherwise it could be dangling in the engine bay, and you do not want that. If you ever want to auto-cross, you want your engine bay compartment's components very secure, or you will not be allowed to participate.

Comment

I picked up a "J" bent pipe at a performance shop near Toronto.It was about 50 bones. Stainless steel 2.5" only problem was that I couldn't find ANY 2.5'' pipe couplings. I went to Home Depot, Canadian TIre,Plumbing supply stores NOWHERE had them. I could have gotten some from the place I bought the pipe at but tehy were 10 bucks a piece. I ended up ordering a piece of radiator hose from the local NAPA dealer and cutting several pieces of that . Its ghetto but it worked.
                    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Can I get an address of that store ? And do you have any pieces left from that radiator piping . I didn't really check for couplings . I'm still looking for piping , hopefully get something before cristmas .
                      On top of that I can hear some slightly rattling noise in the front doors , right side of the dashboard , and somewhere in sunroof area . Gonna try to fix it . Plus I have tweeters ang glow gauges to install .
                      Too much things to do

Comment

Bolt On Performance
                        12612 HWY 50
                        Bolton, Ontario
                        I got it from there because I happened to be in the area. Its a pretty far drive really. YOu might want to check the Automotive Warehouse on Airport Rd. Niagara On The Lake.
                        I've got a little bit left of the Rad hose, but not that much I picked it up from Napa for like 30 something bucks.

Comment

www.essentialspeed.com has COLDAIR intakes for both the 1.5 and 1.8 motor and for both auto and stick...these are NOT short, ractive style intakes...they are made from 304 SS with mandrel pipes,tig welding and a genuine KN INVERT cone filter...for pics of it on my 1.8, check out www.sounddomain.com/id/kdawgone
                          the pipes are also available in ceramic coating, powder coating and even chrome...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                          1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                          Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

if you wanna do some custome stuff, just buy a cheap ass pipe for a honda civic, and cut it to fit, thats always an option.
                            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                            225.94wtq
                            torque monster!!!!
                            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

300 CDN for coldair , I'll think about it , want it for shure , but money ...yep
                              Gonna start saving

Comment

Working...
                              X