vb garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vb garage

what do you guys think of organizing the vb garage so that is is alphabetical by user name. or something better than what it is. everytime i have wanted to look up someones ride, i have to go through all the pages till i find it. there are currently 17 pages of just names.
    ---prakash

It is sorted by the order you signed up. What I do when I want to view a specific users garage is to open their profile, copy their user id #, open vbgarage, click one and then change the user id to their number.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

i'll do that, but vb garage could be much easier dont you think?
      ---prakash

Comment

I don't think you can change the way the names are sorted.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

ah well, thanks for listening.
          ---prakash

Comment

how do i find a members id number?
            ---prakash

Comment

click on the user name and open up their public profile. Look at the link in the address bar, should look like this: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/member.php?userid=20

The last number, 20 in my case, is the user id.
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

got it, thanks a lot.
                ---prakash

Comment

so, apparently the user number in the vb garage starts from 1 on every page. not much help.
                  ---prakash

Comment

No, that isn't the user number. In vbgarage, click on a user name and look at the link in the address bar of your browser. The vbgarage link will look like this:

Look at the end of the link; id=20. That is my vbgarage user id as well as my forum user id.

Now to view your vbgarage, I would do the following. I would click on your user name in the members list, which opens your public profile. Now, I would then look at the link in the address bar. It looks like this:

Look at the end of the link; user id=3887. That is your user id. I would then copy 3887. Open vbgarage, click on a random users vbgarage, and replace their user id with "3887" and hit enter. Now I am looking at your vbgarage.
                    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

ah, eureka!
                      ---prakash

Comment

It'd be nice if our vbGarage were like this: http://www.mazda-community.de/team.php?page=ba

I also agree that the way to look for members is cumbersome and irritating.
                        ED
                        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Working...
                        X