Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda BT-50 - A 1 ton pickup truck

Really. I'm not kidding. Either is Mazda:

"HIROSHIMA, Japan, March 9, 2006--Mazda Motor Corporation has announced the name of its new one-ton pickup range which will make its world debut at the 2006 Bangkok International Motor Show, to be held from Wednesday, March 22 through Sunday, April 2, 2006.

Mazda BT-50

"In line with Mazda's global alphanumeric nomenclature strategy, we have named this new truck range "BT-50", a global name that will be used in all markets," says Malcolm Gough, Executive Officer and General Manager of Mazda's Overseas Sales Division.

"BT-50 recognizes the new range's B-Series Truck heritage (BT) and the number "50" reflects that this one-ton vehicle is optimally positioned between smaller payload trucks (e.g. half-ton) and much larger trucks.

"The Bangkok global premiere of the new Mazda BT-50 pickup range will provide existing and prospective owners with the chance to be amongst the first to see the world's "Zoom-Zoom" Truck.

"BT-50 builds on a tradition of Mazda heritage and values," states Gough. "Its aggressive presence, command of the road and powerful new turbo diesel engines will provide leadership in this competitive truck segment."

With new 3.0L and 2.5L common-rail direct injection turbo diesel engines, BT-50 delivers an exciting blend of sophisticated design, refinement, responsive handling and dynamic performance. Owners of this exciting new vehicle will find its outstanding versatility, comfort and convenience whether they use it much like a passenger car or in circumstances requiring tough, reliable commercial truck performance.

With this new truck, Mazda has deepened its commitment to Thailand and Asia, which is an important centre of truck and automotive manufacturing for Asia and the world.

Joining this new range on the Mazda stand will also be Mazda MX-5, Mazda3 and Mazda RX-8 models.

Mazda will hold a press briefing on the Mazda stand from 13:20 to 13:35 on Wednesday, March 22, 2006."

Courtesy Mazda Media Japan.

It's a Ranger, atleast it looks like it. 1 ton though?

Edit - apparently I'm not allowed to post in this forum, so I have to edit this post...

Here's info on the Ranger...reading it tells that the Ranger and most likely the BT-50 won't make it to the US. What bogusism.
    Last edited by MazKid; 03-10-2006, 07:11 AM.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Its about time

Comment

yeah pretty cool.
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Start making 4 banger diesel trucks and I'll be happy.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

wonder what the new Ranger looks like... I'd bet pretty close.

Wanna see some interior shots.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

new ranger!

The new Ford Ranger designed specifically for the Thai market will be officially unveiled later this month, according to Edmunds. However, this model will not come to the U.S. market, the report says. A Ford official admitted that the the Thai Ranger is "much better" than the U.S. version currently on sale. However, the source also said Ford had no plans to update the Ranger in the United States. Pictured right is a spy shot of the new Thai Ranger, which is based heavily on the 4-Trac Concept shown late last year. Last week, we cited an MPH report indicating Ford would kill the Ranger line entirely in the U.S. in 2008. Based on both reports, we suspect Ford might kill off the Ranger nameplate in the U.S., and replace it with an entirely new pickup. However, the MPH report suggested that the market for small pickups was shrinking, and a replacement might not be needed.
            Source: http://www.leftlanenews.com/20...nger
            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
            225.94wtq
            torque monster!!!!
            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

not like it matters its not for us anyways.
              proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Prototender
                not like it matters its not for us anyways.
                yes and no, it still increases the aftermarket support (interchangable parts and what not) even if it is manufactured in another country.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

yeah but the options aren't for our current model, which is all that matters, so very few parts will interchange most likely seeing as how the engine and body are different. and cabin is right hand drive.
                  proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatelbobo
                    Start making 4 banger diesel trucks and I'll be happy.
                    Hell yea. A 35mpg small truck would be my primary vehicle if it existed!
                    Dan
                    dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
                    X