Brake light issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake light issue.

O.k. first of all, I was drunk when my brother told me about this (we checked it in the driveway) so I don't exactly remember the complete details.
    Anyways, When my headlights are off the driver's side brake light lights up fine.
    But when the headlights are on, and I put the brake lights on the taillight goes out and the brake light doesn't go on.
    I haven't had a chance to take a good look at it yet, hopefully its just a ****ty bulb, but I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions that I could try if I change the bulb and the problem persists.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

I had a similar problem on my car, my pasenger side brake light wouldn't light up at all... the parking lights would light up fine but not the brake light. The bulb wasn't my problem. I simply ran 2 wires over to the other side of the car and patched into the wires using wire taps. That did the trick for me. Hope this helps :-)

Comment

Originally posted by protegewill
      I had a similar problem on my car, my pasenger side brake light wouldn't light up at all... the parking lights would light up fine but not the brake light. The bulb wasn't my problem. I simply ran 2 wires over to the other side of the car and patched into the wires using wire taps. That did the trick for me. Hope this helps :-)
      Hmm. not sure if I want to start ****ing with wiring, but I'll keep it in mind.
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Just check the bulbs. They have double filaments. One lights up when the parking lights are on, and the other lights when you press the brake pedal. Also, check for moisture inside. Water and wires sometimes do wacky sh*t.
        "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Working...
        X