Ideas for Custom License Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for Custom License Plates

Hey, I've been trying to figure out what to put on my license plates on my new Protege. I've got a few ideas.

03PRO20
    03PROLX
    03PROTJ
    1SWTPRO

What do you all think would be the best? Any other ideas?
    2003 Protege LX 5-speed

I have been considering doing a personalized license plate as well. Since I plan on shaving the rear badges, and the front emblem is gone I am going to go with.

WHTISIT (since nobody apparently has ever heard of a Protege)
    SLWTEGE

Comment

i just ordered mine
      OK # MP3 842

hwoever i bet very few people realize its a custom plate
      Jeff Boyd
      Dominion Racing
      2001 Mazda MP3 #842

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMP3842
        i just ordered mine
        OK # MP3 842

hwoever i bet very few people realize its a custom plate
        See, now that is a cool plate.

Personally, I can't STAND when people put unimaginative and/or totally obvious things on their plates.

Saw a black SVT Focus the other day, plate: BLACKSVT

Oooooh, wow. Now that took some thought.

Put some imagination in it, and come up with something unique, or else it's just a waste.

If it was still available, I'd have HIHOSLVA on my plates - just like I did on my silver Camaro. My buddy thought that one up for me years ago. But I gave it up when I sold the car, and can't get it back now.

My mom has "KNIT ONE" on her Chrysler 300M - as in; knit one, perl two - it's knitting terms, and she's a sweater-making freak.

My dad has "DEDUCTED" on his Y2K Vette (and has owned that plate for about 20 years on various vehicles) - he's an accountant, and the fact is, all the cars the plate was ever on WERE tax deductions....

See?

Somehow, those are far better than "RED300M" or "Y2KVET" or other obvious crap. Just my $.02

Keep at it, you'll figure out a good one.

~HH

Comment

Personally, I can't STAND when people put unimaginative and/or totally obvious things on their plates.
          Yeah, I hear you. And I agree...the ideas I've thought of are semiunimaginative, which is why I haven't gone with any of them. I want something that takes some thinking to figure out. Something like:
          "H2OUUP2" (What Are You Up To?)
          When I had my Dodge Stratus, I was going to get "ILBCNU" and my sister was going to get "NLBCNU2" on her van. But that never happened.
          I would rather something that refers more to my car. I did think of using "WHTISIT" or something like that. (Thanks for the idea, Proto2k.) Especially since I have the ONLY 3rd gen Pro in northwestern North Dakota. Seriously. Nobody in this half of the state even knows what a Protege is! The newest Protege in town before mine, was a '98. Something dealing with the exclusivity of the car would be great. Oh, how about this: "XKLUSIV"? Or does that sound more like it belongs on a BMW or a Ferrari? *sigh* This shouldn't be so difficult! LOL

Ooh, another idea; "IO2MUCH"
          2003 Protege LX 5-speed

Comment

my friend is waiting to get new plates on her car.
            1337GRL
            My stepdad it weird. .he has ALL4ONE
            my bro and i want our mom to have BIGTITS on her Z3.. but she still hasn't decided..
            I have an idea for my plates.. but that's all in time...

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
            RB springs
            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
            MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

hehe 1337..

When I move I'm going to see if I can't get L33T MP5 on my plates

Comment

Only 3G Pro in ND? How about "UNEEK"?
                ~Mark.
                2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Someone should get 'teh w1n', that would be great! here's mine:

*Large Pic*

Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 02dx
                    Only 3G Pro in ND? How about "UNEEK"?
                    No, the only 3G Pro in the northwestern part of the state. The closest Mazda dealerships are in Minot and Bismarck, so they have a few Pros there, but I have the only one in the northwestern part of the state...as far as I know. I'm pretty sure I have the only one in Williams County.
                    2003 Protege LX 5-speed

Comment

I am getting WMWMWMW or vise versa either way when someone looks at the plate it looks like a bunch of squiggly lines. I think I am going to get that on my bike in the spring.
                      MODS:
                      I/E/SS/

"It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil."

Comment

hmmmmmmm and here is a good one foryou gus lol
                        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                        225.94wtq
                        torque monster!!!!
                        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Shouldn't it be clubpro? MUTINY!
                          Dan
                          dreesemonkey

Comment

lol exactually, just trrying to stir the pot.
                            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                            225.94wtq
                            torque monster!!!!
                            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I guess I have no imagination as my plate is my call sign of course, the cost for having it is a lot less than a normal vanity plate as amateur radio plates fall under emergency services
                              --JJB--
                              '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
                              Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
                              16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
                              15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
                              Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

Working...
                              X