How much would you pay for this Mx-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much would you pay for this Mx-3

Ok here is the deal i went up to base and saw a Mx-3 for sale so i stopped by and snapped some pics of it and checked it out, its the 4 cyl, auto with 202k miles and it leaks oil. interior is in decent shape minus the leather by the glass in the hatch is all ripped up and torn. Body is also in OK condition with some dings and dents.

Now for the problem. The guy wants $1,800 for it im thinking about 600 MAX for this thing. but i dunno...........anyways here are some pics check it out and let me know how much you would pay for this thing so i can see how much to offer this guy
    Attached Files

800 sounds about right to me, with 200k on it.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

You get the 15" GS alloy rims with it... the rear hatch shade, well that thing usually get's broken cause it's only partical board covered in cloth. How's the interior?
      Also what year is it? 92-93 1.6L SOHC, 94-96 1.6L DOHC

... and what do you plan to do with it?

The oil leak is probably from the head gasket... mine did that too... or as is most common valve cover gaskets.

I don't know US prices on cars at all... sorry I couldn't help... just thought I'd point out a few things that might help you decide.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
      Member of MX-3.com
      1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
      1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

I wouldn't get it. You could find a better MX-3 for sale. I would try to find a 92-93 5spd MX-3 cause they are perfect for BP swaps or find a cheap 5spd v6 and do a KL-ze swap. I wouldn't buy that for 1800, that is asking a lot but those are the prices they go for up here in WA, but like I have heard GA guys getting like SE V6's for less than $1000.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
        Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

well i will be picking up my mx3 here soon, going to give hte guy 100 towards it tomarrow,

im paying 500 total, its a red 92gs with mint black interior, 150k on it new clutch,
          and it has the supra style wing on it, ( would prolly go), and tinted windows
          bumper has a hole in it, hood too, big crease in driver fender, and side mirrors are broke but for 500 why not, i figure i dont find the prices i want to fix it up i use it for a klze 323, and better suspension and finish of the rear disc swap to the 323, but i will prolly just do up the mx3...

Comment

go to kelly blue book but for that number of miles 1800 is a scam

Comment

On the window of the Mx3 the guy had a paper saying the low book was 1,880 for it.......he lied on that **** lmao anyways its pointless to pick it up its an auto and i dont want an auto and i dont want to swap another car. so ill just wait for a GS.

And chad j00 lucky bastard i <3 that mx3 you got.

Comment

I'd give him fifty bucks and a case of beer. That'd be a great car to rod on in the woods or something
                -'91 Festiva L
                -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

^^^ hahahaha!

BUT.... how much do you think it is now? with a flat tire lol !

Comment

still wouldn't get it. If you buy an MX-3 buy a manual

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                    Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Haha yeah i wasint really wanting this car anayways, its auto has 200k miles and is way to much money. But hopefully i find a decent MX3 soon!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X