Odd deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd deal

Last time I brought my car into the shop, I got to talking with one of the salesguys about my ride 'n all the mods that run through my head.
    I mentioned to him that in about 2-3 years, i'm hoping to switch my car from auto to standard.. cuz a turbo doesn't do me any good with auto.

well..... Today, he called me and told me they just got a 2002 silver pro lx2.0, 5spd with keyless and 46k. and he'd let me have it for my car + CDN$3000
    - I have a 2001 silver pro, no keyless, auto and 78k

I got him to agree to $3000 after he asked for $4000... I could maybe talk them down to $2500, but then it might become a battle of the wits and a test of my patience.

now comes the advice portion... I know this is a good deal, cuz I wanted to upgrade with Keyless, and that's there... and to switch to manual in 3 years, will cost me about 3k in parts and labour (at least)

So I just need some feedback letting me know that this is right.. my GF says i'm a tool, and so will most of my friends... but this IS a good choice, yes? I don't have a second thought about changing to manual later on, but why not save some cash and struggle by doing it now?

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

well if it's totally legit, then it's legit. The only real question is how will throwing down 3k affect your financial situation? Can it be loaned? If so, how much per month? etc.

The deal is a good deal, and that's the bottom line. . . as far as your numbers show. Basically it all comes down to utility measurement, and i'm not talking about like the belt. I'm talking about economics. You've gotta weigh the pros (e.g. newer car, stuff u wanted, etc.) vs the cons (increased monthly bill? insurance? interest rates? etc.).

None of us here can tell you what you feel is more important over something else. Though, assuming the car they are offering you is not a lemon . . . I think all of us here would feel this is a good deal.
    Tag Team

Comment

hehehe. it's not a lemon.. it's actually a car they sold last year that was returned cuz the lady bought a volvo from the same dealership.

my finances are pretty good.. i could just call my bank and get them to increase my car loan for another $3000... that's just like starting back from the beginning, again.
      My insurance will probably go up like $200 a year, which is fine with me..

RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

but the whole deal is that it's used and cheaper than new, much cheaper.. and i wouldn't keep the rims, wheels or suspension...
        and I haven't seen any ES GTs in my city (crackass city with little performance)

RB springs
        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

i say do it man, you get the 5-speed you wanted, and the keyless, save yourself money now, then trying to convert it later, its a no brainer.
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

considering you are ok with the financial consequences that you will incur, i say do it!
            Tag Team

Comment

showed up to pick up the car yesterday.
              some rookie salesman sold it uner the manager's nose... gave them an earfull, and they offered me a 2003 ES with air for CDN$22k off the lot... which is a big leap from what I originally expected..

get brand new car with 80,000km's less than mine and a good handfull of the features i want...

Now i have to decide if i just want a nice new car to play with and not soup it up (just audio mods cuz i already have those)
              OR
              Sell mine for CDN12k and find a 2000/2001 for 10-11k and soup it up...
              ????
              damn decisions

RB springs
              Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

man that sux, but a new car is a beautiful thing

186.08whp
                225.94wtq
                torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

yeah.. i bought the 2001 a year ago. but it had 54,000km on it
                  I think I should probably hold off the engine mods for a while, anyways.. i have this really bad habit of speeding like a nutjob, as is

Ah well... i'm sure i'll make up my mind sometime soon

RB springs
                  Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

yeah man just think it through, dont jump into something you dont want, like the automatic you got now, lol

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

hahaa. .. shush!
                      i didn't know how to drive standard.. but given, i could have spent the 15 minutes learning...

so in conclusion...... i'm a tool

RB springs
                      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

lol well no better way to learn then to just buy one, then you have to learn.

186.08whp
                        225.94wtq
                        torque monster!!!!

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

yo freek

if u'r willing to do some travelling I can put you on to some good deals. Been shopping around the GTA for a while and going to be picking up an 02 ES on Sat.
                          With all the shopping around I've compiled a good list of cars worth checking out.

One guy in Acton has a 02 ES w/ GT package & 35K kms for 16,900.
                          Burlington dealer was willing to go below 20K for a brand new 03 ES. (wicked deal but over my budget. He was even throwing in 0% financing).
                          Waterloo dealer had 02 ES w/ 26K kms for 17,900 and was also willing to negotiate.

The one I'm getting is an 02 ES with GT package & 22K kms for 15,500 + tax. It was the best I could get out of all the dealers.

All have standard transmission.
                          02 ES w/GT.
                          Grounding kit.

Comment

that's not bad...
                            i can't fit in a GT.. the moonroof makes the roof too low.

but i'll keep looking.. no mad rush.. but once spring comes and I buy rims 'n all for my car.. that's it

RB springs
                            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

haha, sucker

anyway, the burlington guy's car is just ES w/ AC, without the GT package.
                              Also had an Ajax dealer with a ES (again, without GT) brand new and said he'd go as low as 17,800 but with regular financing (not 0%).
                              02 ES w/GT.
                              Grounding kit.

Comment

Working...
                              X