vent clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vent clicking

lately whenever i turn the air on in the car, it makes a clicking sound through the vent.
    if i turn up the flow it gets faster and louder, so i assume it's like a fan in there or something...
    it's really annoying and i'd like to fix it, any suggestions?
    justin
    Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
    installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

anybody?
    justin
    Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
    installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

I'd take apart the blower and clean it and lube it up and stuff...
      My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
      - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

prolly somethin stuck in it.
        Tag Team

Comment

LEAVES!!!!! quit parking under a tree like i do
          James G.
          sobe83@yahoo.com
          AIM: DVS 323BPT
          MySpace
          Cardomain
          <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

you know, i get this EXACT humming/rattling sound i think you're talking about. it's quite annoying and usually only happens when i have the heat on. there must be something loose in the ducting or vent controls that is causing this noise, i just don't have the time or energy to tear it apart to find out, as this includes ripping apart the entire dash (which is an entire pain in my ass alone). the thing about the noise i'm having is that it's not a controlled thing, it just happens everyonce and a while, typically when the car has just started, it's cold out and engine hasn't warmed up to normal operating temperature. dunno whatelse to tell you
            peace

Comment

i had that noise for a while, after holding it on maximum fan speed a lot of leaves and parts of a butterfly and other bugs entered the cabin
              One day you are born,
              The next big milestone
              you discover go zoom-zoom
              you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Yep Im getting the same noise, sounds like leaved with a tick tick tick noise...meh, no big deal, as long as the heater still works.

Comment

Working...
                X