Serious basss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious basss

Okay guys I drive a 93 protege lx, i recently bought an aiwa 45x4 h/u, 2 ,5 1/4'' front sony xplods, and 2 6x9 xplods in the rear and am buying a little mtx amp for my 6x9's. i have a pioneer 760 watt amp pushing 2 mtx bluethunder subs in a sealed box. But i want a new amp and subs. I want killer bass and my budget is under 300 dollars for the subs, i will save for an amp later. My friend bought 2 quantum 12's and they hit HARD and im looking for sumthing like he got, cus he got those for REAl cheap! Any suggestions for sum Nice NIce subs?

I was looking at the mtx 7500 series but am not sure
    1993 Mazda Protege LX 1.8L DOHC Now with 2 mtx bluethunder 12'' legend series subs, soon to be 2 mtx 12'' 7500 series! in 2 weeks! Im also getting a volfenhag amp

Look for a used DD9515, save up for whatever you can find that makes 1500-2000RMS and build it into a wall in the back of your car, tune it to about 40hz. Make sure to upgrade your wiring is no less than 0 guage and you'll need a bigger amp alternator and a few optima deep cycle batteries.

Comment

MTX is good, i doubt you can find anything major for 300, and also depends on how serious you want it..like competition or for daily use. The box will play a big role in how hard they hit too, figure out the air space needed(best) for the subwoofer you get, too small and the bass will be hardly noticable, too big and the subs will sounds like total crap

this is what you need for some nice heavy ass hitting lol, a buddy of mine has one and hot diggidi damn that sucker crazy!!

i heard good things from Audiobahn subs as well, shop around e-bay and some websites and figure out what's best for the buck.

a good system usually adds up to about $1200+
      Originally posted by 90prtege
      have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
      Originally posted by Turpro
      Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
      CRZbrussian: that sux
      CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
      CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

buy a set of the 12's or 15's and put them in a ported enclosure tuned to between 30 and 34 hz.

Comment

That doesn't seem serious enough to me .

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass
            That doesn't seem serious enough to me .

serious bass to me is an 18" sub tuned to 18 hz with enough power to make it reach full excursion at 20 hz :microwave

Comment

i heard really good stuff about image dynamics, i think ima get 2 imagedynamic
              12's cus their fairly cheap and have enough money left over to save up for an amp. i can sell my subs and amp right now for 150 bucks.
              1993 Mazda Protege LX 1.8L DOHC Now with 2 mtx bluethunder 12'' legend series subs, soon to be 2 mtx 12'' 7500 series! in 2 weeks! Im also getting a volfenhag amp

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                serious bass to me is an 18" sub tuned to 18 hz with enough power to make it reach full excursion at 20 hz :microwave
                My friend had a XXX18 walled in his civic on 1500rms, that was pretty beastly.

Comment

They're probably discontinued.. but you could probably figure out something with Funky Pup subs.. they're cheap as hell. And heck, for 300, you could afford at least 10 of them .
                  Kevin

Comment

Dude the funky pups were like 12 for 100. You would have a wall of garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
                      Dude the funky pups were like 12 for 100. You would have a wall of garbage.

yeah, but they where fun to screw around with

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass
                        My friend had a XXX18 walled in his civic on 1500rms, that was pretty beastly.

the treo CSX 18 i had with 1200 watts daily was pretty sick. it did a bit of damage to my old protege. over 130 dB's at 20 hz on the term lab USB sensor was pretty retarded

Comment

I'm running 1 MTX 7500 10" Super Woofer with a Kenwood Mono block D 800W Amp, and I have to say, I can't handle it with the bass controller turned all the way up. You can get two of those off Ebay, brand new for around $300.

Good luck.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

Well i just sent my aunt a link to ebay to get 2 12'' mtx 7500 series subs.

Link below:

Comment

how about two 15" dayton audio dvc's in a ported box., that sure got the trick done for me
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Chad; 03-17-2006, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X