Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have to have my maintenance done at a Mazda dealership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I have to have my maintenance done at a Mazda dealership?

I probably already know the answer to this, but I was wondering if you all knew if I have to have all of my scheduled maintenance done at a Mazda dealership to keep the warranty, or can I have the local Honda dealership do it? The reason I'm asking is because I'm 130 miles from the nearest Mazda dealership.
    2003 Protege LX 5-speed

you can take it to any shop to get maintenance done, it won't affect your warranty.

heck, you can even do it yourself, if you know what you're doing!

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

Limke zoom said, It doesn't matter where you take it. just keep the reciept for proof of work done. my question though is...do you really want a honda dealership working on your MAZDA?

Comment

i usually go and get my oil change at the mazda dealership where i bought the car. but there 30k, 60k, 90k maint. is way to expensive compared to other shops. like got boot said, just keep your receipts...i have all mine since day one....

www.floridamazdaclub.com

Protege is going back to stock...its time for a change...she will be traded in soon.

For Sale:
        4 17" exel TZ 7 rims w/2 good tires (other 2 need to be replaced) -- $150

Comment

likewise, the dealership mechanics are going to know better than traditional shops what little bugs make your car tick.. but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to fix your car.. and any respectable shop should be able to do these things without issue. i worked at a mazda dealership as a supply clerk for a whopping 3 weeks (mainly so i could get a discount on some major car repairs ) and i had to take the car back 5 times with a slipping belt issue, a loose lugnut, and a plug gap issue. but subsequent visits to other mazda dealerships left me with long waiting times, playing run around on the phone and what not. not to mention dealerships are usually more expensive..
          peace

Comment

From what the dealer told me you can have the oil changed anywhere, even DIY. As long as you keep reciepts from where it was done. no warrenty violation.

Tim

Comment

Working...
            X