Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Mt. St. Helens Meet - May 13th, 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mt. St. Helens Meet - May 13th, 2006

~ Mt. St. Helens Meet ~
    A forum community dedicated to Mazda 3 and all Mazda vehicle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about MazdaSpeed performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

Date: 5/13/06
    Time: Noon

I-5 Northbound/Southbound

Take Exit #49/WA-504 East ~ Toutle/Castle Rock
    Head East onto WA-504 East/Spirit Lake Hwy
    Continue East for 5 miles on WA-504 and just after the 5 mile marker off to your right will be Mount St. Helens Visitor Center.

We will head out from Mount St. Helens Visitor Center (#1) at 1pm for a cruise up to Johnston Ridge Observatory (#12) where we can get within five miles away from the mountain's center (which is the closest you can get to the crater driving).

One stop will be made on the way up at Hoffstadt Bluffs Visitor Center (#3) at mile marker 26. There we will have a show-shine for the rides, grab a bite to eat for lunch at the restaurant, you can watch a live glass blowing exhibit where they use the ash from the mountain to make their pieces, take a helicopter ride up to the crater that departs every hour (if you wish to do this please take time on your way down after we cruise up to the top due to time) and even ride a llama, if your are into that kind of thing!

There are a lot more Visitor Centers and Viewpoints on the way up but I suggest to check them out on your way down due to the lack of time and parking for everyone at each one. Mainly the viewpoints lack the parking and the other Visitor Centers are more like learning centers with exhibits. So again you may part from the group on the way down if you wish 2 check them out.

FYI - If you do wish to check out all the Visitor Centers, I suggest you buy a $5 pass that can get you into them all at the Mount St. Helens Visitor Center (our meet point) or its $3 admission at each one except our stop at Hoffstadt Bluffs Visitor Center for the show-n-shine/lunch, its free admission there.

If you wish to check out additional information on Spirit Lake Memorial Highway (WA-504) check out this link-

I'm starting a sign-up roster on this thread, so if you wish to join us please e-mail me with your forum nickname/real first name at cloud9wa@msn.com and I will add you to the list.

cloud9wa ~ Shayne
    brian071526 ~ Brian
    Mattleegee ~ Matt
    GRYSTRM ~ Jeff
    1bad3 ~ Brian
    prototype99 ~ Salar
    SPACE WRANGLER ~ Lance
    Rallychic ~ Tina
    Chrio ~ Chris
    skullone ~ Brent
    MP5 ~ Rich
    RX7 ~ Marc
    RX8 ~ Kevin
    RX8 ~ Mike

Remember you make the meet happen! Hope to see you there!!

this would be cool... too bad i wont have my car runnin...
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Working...
    X