[GB] 90-93 Protege CF Hoods from Xcelerated **NEW THREAD OPEN**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GB] 90-93 Protege CF Hoods from Xcelerated **NEW THREAD OPEN**

Continued from the old thread, this will be the start of the new GB discussion, with the hoods now being made via Xcelerated Concepts.

Price will be $525 CDN and color kevlar weaving is available for an additional $100 CDN. Shipping will likely be a standard rate of $115 CDN (excludes Hawaii/Alaska).

We would ideally like to have a deposit of $200 CDN from each person.

$130.00 USD was the original deposit amount from the old GB.

So for those involved in the old GB for a standard hood - the balance due is $325.00 USD.

If you have any questions on any specific costs, please forward them to Joe (CrazyCaker).

I don't have an official list of buyers, but from the old thread, it seems to be:

1. P-rotege out
    2. Tom out
    3. MazdaRacer deposit paid* - still in
    4. Identity_X out
    5. Worldhazard deposit paid* - still in
    6. Redfox out
    7. Xerooption out
    8. Mazdaspeedemon out
    9. 92_2_fast deposit paid* - still in (RED weave)
    10. Clean4WD deposit paid* - still in

*deposit paid = deposit paid to Rob (P-rotege) and will be passed on to Joe (CrazyCaker) for this GB

Current GB Status:
    Joe (CrazyCaker) dropped off the donor hood at the shop. He has instructed his guys to wait until he gives them word to start, once he has the deposits we can begin.

ETA is still approx. 4 weeks until we see the first completed hoods.

BUT we can not begin until the deposits and numbers are confirmed
    AND we have 10 participants.

Please be advised the prices listed in this post are only valid for 10 participants.

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO FILL THIS GB!!!

If you have not confirmed in the above list, please post immediately.

Originally posted by P-rotege
    the same goes for anyone else. I'm not trying to kill morale for this GB, I just want everyone intrerested to know that they can at this point withdrawal their money at any time unless they confirm for this GB by Xcelerated Concepts
    Cheer's to this GB being resurected. Thanks Xcelerated!

CF hood GB FAQ:
    Originally posted by MazdaRacer
    2 questions:

1. Will the OEM hood latch be retained for use? (i hope so)
    2. Will there be washer nozzle holes? (i hope not)

thanks.
    Originally posted by CrazyCaker
    1) The hood will include all stock mounting points, and the factory style latch. Hood pins are still recommended (as always).

2) We do not predrill the washer nozzle mainly becase of this fact! Many ppl prefer a clean look, and if you DO want washer nozzle holes it takes a mere 10 mins to do yourself.
    Originally posted by mazdaspeedemon
    ok cool is it 4 weeks for each hood? or is that just the first one?
    how much is this going to be 525cdn? i need US dollars and is the ball park shipping cost in US dollars?
    Originally posted by CrazyCaker
    4 weeks for the first, after that we can do 2 or so a day.

$525 CDN = approx. $455 USD
    $115 CDN = approx. $100 USD
    *** This thread will be heavily moderated to keep this GB on-track. ***
    *** If you have any concerns about the GB, please PM Joe (CrazyCaker) ***
    *** If you have any concerns about your posts, please PM Mike (mike_moss) ***
    Last edited by mike_moss; 04-09-2006, 11:46 PM.

P-rotege and Identity_X Can you please confirm if you're still IN or not.

We will also need to replace the 2 that dropped out.

P-rotege I need you to contact me regarding the deposits!! This is holding up this GB and some of our others!! We have put other possible GBs on hold due to this one... Mike_Moss is fully aware of this because one of those put on hold is his!

If we do not have a DEFINITE confirmation on all of the above by the end of next week (April 8th, 2006), we will proceed with the other GBs, which could result in the production of this one being delayed!
    Last edited by CrazyCaker; 03-30-2006, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Okay, Xero's money has been returned. Tom I need your paypal acct # and then I can refund your desposit. I personally am out of the GB.

Darryl I need an address to send the check for the remaining $875 so you guys can continue the GB without further delay.

Sorry for holding everything up but I don't have much time to use the internet these days, just too busy.

Comment

well im out too with the baby comming and taxes and everything else i just can't find the money for the hood sorry guys
        im going to pm p-protege for him to send my my deposit back
        good lock with the hoods
        02 msp clone gone but will never be forgotten

Comment

Wow. This is ****ty. Dropping like flies.

Identity_X: You still have yet to post if you're still in/out on this GB. Please do so immediately.
          Last edited by mike_moss; 03-31-2006, 12:20 PM.
          My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
          - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Do we need 10 people to keep this thing alive?
            Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
              Do we need 10 people to keep this thing alive?
              Yes.

BUT, I can possibly talk it over with my guys and see if we can still do it. The cost would obviously be more though for only 5-6 guys. Remember we need to cover our labour costs involved.

Comment

Current GB Status:
                Joe (CrazyCaker) dropped off the donor hood at the shop. He has instructed his guys to wait until he gives them word to start, once he has the deposits we can begin.

ETA is still approx. 4 weeks until we see the first completed hoods.

BUT we can not begin until the deposits and numbers are confirmed
                AND we have 10 participants.

Please be advised the prices listed in this post are only valid for 10 participants.

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO FILL THIS GB!!!

If you have not confirmed in the above list, please post immediately.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

Wow, I thought there was more interest then this.

With only 5 guys, I doubt we'll be able to work anything out. The cost would easily be an addition $75, if not more, per hood.

Guys, it's up to you. As mentioned already, we are set to go. We would have liked to already start on this. We are looking forward to getting this product made for you guys. If you want to go ahead with only the 5 guys and are willing to deal with the price difference, let me know we are willing to work with you guys.
                  Last edited by CrazyCaker; 04-04-2006, 10:12 AM.

Comment

^ Seriously, what a let-down.

I encourage those who are actually participating in this GB to actually try and get more people interested.

MOSI Race Dynamics

Comment

i dont give a **** if it costs me an extra $75...i WILL have a cf hood on my 323!!!!!!
                      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.