Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zoom Zoom BOOM!!! I guess I'm its newest member!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoom Zoom BOOM!!! I guess I'm its newest member!

Well went back to the dyno today. I put the intake on it and fixed my leaking wastegate. Laste time I was there I thought the car was making 12 but it was only making 9. Fixed it and was making 15 and holding. So I go First pull it starts breaking up...re-gapped the plugs..make a full pull 245/206 and one of my I/C pipes pop off. I never got around to rolling the pipes Opps! Fix the pipe go to make another pull...and all this noise starts from under the hood....The turbo let go...go home opened her up and i was shocked...Oh well now I have an excuss to go bigger!!
    Attached Files
    hello 4g63 nice to meet you

WOW. What kind of niose was it making? High pitched whining or something? God I hope that does not happen to mine. Good luck with fixing it.
    BP-05 Turbo-Sold
    2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Rattle noise very very loud rattle noise

Comment

Originally posted by wht95scort
        Rattle noise very very loud rattle noise
        Shaft broke from what i can tell? Normally you'd get whining/whistling noise when your blades start touching the housing!
        **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
        95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

damn dude, is it motor killing season or somethin?

My car is running rough but i think mines related to the F'ed up tranny

how much bigger are you gonna go?
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

yeah the rod did break....it was rattleing because the turbines were no longer spinning just being jounced around making a racket. I thik I may buy my friends new turbonetics super 60 stage 5 from him =)

Comment

sweet lord that guy let go ... no damage to motor though, right?

And is that a pull at 245 hp? If so congrats, real nice numbers

Comment

Yeah the engine is fine thank god...I still don't understand how the rod breaks. yeah it made 245/206 I think the turbo was just maxed out but still I dont think it should cause it to snap

Comment

Was it making the niose when you were out of boost? How does stuff like that happen?
                  BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                  2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Originally posted by elscotto80
                    Was it making the niose when you were out of boost? How does stuff like that happen?
                    after it broke it wouldnt make boost...it must have broke right after that one pull. It made one full pull so it must have broke at high rpm

Comment

Your t3, maxed out at 15psi....no way. Well atleast your motors fine, too bad i cant say the same, i just blew a chunk out of my 2nd cyl piston on saturday. She'll be back this weekend, but i'm building my spare motor as we speak. Pretty nice numbers

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

yeah the .42/.48 T3 can only suport 250 Hp It was at its limits which sucks. I have some ideas in the making might be running again sooner then I thought. Sorry to hear about your engine. what happened? how did know it was the piston.

Comment

Was that turbo new/low mileage? If the shaft broke yikes. I'm thinking maybe you didn't get enough oil pressure/volume and it just went?! Usually just the blades touch and whine and the turbo slowly kills itself!
                          **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                          95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

So, What kinda BOV setup do you have? I have heard of a lot of T3's breaking shafts after high pulls then letting off and the BOV gets stuck or the Recirculation line is Kinked and the pressure trys to turn the shaft back the other way making it break.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                            Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

sucks about the turbo man. atleast you not gettinga rattle of spun barings and rod chunks floating around. have you played with your cams at all? that torque number seems low still. but those numbers are still nice.

NEUMAN

Comment

Working...
                              X