DOHC swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOHC swap question

Im doing the DOHC swap and theres this thing at the intake looks like a throttle position sensor, the SOHC has 3 wires the DOHC has 4, I cut the harness for the DOHC and used it where does the 4th wire go?

why exactly did you cut it????..... that doesn't make much sense
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

uhhh on harness was a 3 pin, the plug was a 4 pin? how the **** would you solve the problem???
      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
      So his engine he goosed
      With much too much boost,
      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Couple questions. Is the motor from a manual or auto? Is the car it's going into going to be using a manual or auto computer? Is the car going to be manual or automatic? Because autos have 4 wire TPS's and manuals 3 wire. If i got this right the harness that came with the DOHC is from an auto becuase of the 4 wire TPS, wich means you are propably using an automatic computer. So I would put the harness back together and swap the whole harness. Or if the car is getting a manual transmission the 4th wire may not matter but the computer might still be looking for it and throw a code because it's an automatic computer. I don't for sure if it will throw a code.
        Hope this makes sense.
        Last edited by bam; 11-05-2003, 02:28 AM.

Comment

he will be using a manual computer so i think that wire can just be taped off.
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

i know when he said he cut the wires it sounded stupid right? your wrong. thats how i did my swap. Bro! u will need a schematic diagram/ wiring diag. i cant explain u everything here its has been 8 months when i did my swap.

the only thing i remember is tha there is 2 wires u need one for the VICS and the one for the ignition or some **** like that i gotta look it up then i'll let u know 2morrow late!

Comment

is that why my car won't start?
              Theres no spark

Comment

1ofdfew323 you gonna tell me or what

Comment

Re: DOHC swap question

Originally posted by bcowie
                  Im doing the DOHC swap and theres this thing at the intake looks like a throttle position sensor, the SOHC has 3 wires the DOHC has 4, I cut the harness for the DOHC and used it where does the 4th wire go?
                  You guys make me laugh, I offered to give you the instruction with the the three wires with their terminals for a few buck and you're pulling your hair, live and learn,

First of all the 3 pin TPS is for MTX(manual tranny) and the 4 pin TPS is for ATX(auto tranny). Install your SOHC throttle body, and install a new TB gasket (about $4Cdn).
                  92 323 with BP DOHC
                  ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

Im not having that problem
                    my car won't start theres no spark
                    I think the pick up coil is ****ed or something

Comment

Working...
                    X