First "race" beat a Cougar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First "race" beat a Cougar

Never thought I would post in here, since I never really race, but I couldn't resist today.
    This was the first time I've ever really "raced" the pro. It was on I-40, I was on my way home from class. I had just pulled onto I-40 from the Douglas on ramp, (its a long sweeping curve that straightens out and then you have another 1/8th mile or so till you get on the highway) I was testing out my new lower tie bars (which kick ass by the way) so I was booking it down the on ramp (around 80 - 85 mph) and flew by this Cougar as I got on the highway. I slowed a bit to 80 and hit the cruise and stayed in the slow lane. The Cougar came up on me then stayed even for a few seconds, I guess he wanted to race but I just ignored him and he eventually pulled ahead. He changed lanes and got in front of me and started tapping his breaks or hit the hazards, not sure which. Then he went back into the fast lane and slowed down so Iwould catch up to him and he did the same thing, just stayed even with me. So this time I was like what the hell, dropped the clutch to 4th and pulled hard on him, shifted to 5th and was gone at around 100 - 110, didn't really pay too much attention to the speed, he never cought up. So I let off the gas, signaled a lane change and dropped back down to 80 in the slow lane. He flew by and we went on our marry ways. It was a V6, I figured he would have gave me a better run for my money, there were about three people in the car though, I was by myself.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

good kill. my friend raced one in his 95' protege and got his ass handed to him..later we found out that the couger had a vortech s/c

Comment

Originally posted by silverprotege
      good kill. my friend raced one in his 95' protege and got his ass handed to him..later we found out that the couger had a vortech s/c
      Ouch.
      -Robert
      '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

cougar = trying to hard to look like 3g eclipse
        also
        cougar = domestic rice
        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

how much hp does the v6 have?

Comment

Originally posted by silverprotege
            how much hp does the v6 have?
            170 according to this: http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/compa...1/page001.html
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

My ex's brother had/has a cougar. Automatic, wasn't real impressed with it. Not a terrible car, but I just didn't like it that much. Had a real nice Boston setup in it though, very noice!
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
              X