Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has: 323 BPT Swap?

Who has done this swap?

I'm looking for someone that I can speak with about doing this swap, I plan to attack this project very soon and am in need of some guidance.

Basically what I am looking for is someone that can give me a list of what I'll need to complete the swap, as well as someone that can tell me what I'll need to change and look for as I put miles on the new engine.

Thanks.

PM me if you can help.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

nobody is going to help you, and they are all going to lead you to the search function and tell you "if you have a question that hasnt been answered before we will gladly answer"

aside from that, you're asking for a big spoon in your mouth
    which nobody will do

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
      nobody is going to help you, and they are all going to lead you to the search function and tell you "if you have a question that hasnt been answered before we will gladly answer"

aside from that, you're asking for a big spoon in your mouth
      which nobody will do
      The problem is, I am not finding all my answers, I have a checklist started, but want to make sure everything is in order, I'm not looking to be "spoonfed", I just need to get this done in a timely manner due to this being my daily driver, I don't have the luxury of having something missing that I won't be able to get for several days due to ordering issues.

My goal is to have this done in a weekend when the time comes. I'm purchasing the smaller items I need to complete this swap.

Sorry if this is an inconvinience for you or anybody else, that's why I requested a PM from whomever has done it.

Comment

http://www.wihandyman.com/movement/swaplist.htm

fourscore and seven years ago, a guy named braden who had a small company called BLT performance (barely legal transplants... lol)worked this up for all of us.. i, thoughtfully enough, saved it to show you when you needed it and it was long gone. this list is a strong recommendation from what was one of the communities premier tuners, back before he sold off his protege and bought an EVO VIII.

enjoy your "spoon". there are still a few people who truly want you to stay an enthusiast around here. there was a time around here when "spooning" information was something that people did out of pure enthusiasm.... but those days are dead and gone.

good luck with your project.
        Last edited by cablemirc; 03-29-2006, 10:01 PM.
        Guess who's back, back again. cable's back.. tell a friend.

Comment

DO NOT do this on a daily driver.........

Get a beater car to drive before doing this swap, it's pretty time consuming. Plus it would be wise to factor in any problems.

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatelbobo

Get a beater car to drive before doing this swap, it's pretty time consuming. Plus it would be wise to factor in any problems.
            Yeah look at all of the Zoom Zoom Boom's lately!

93' 5spd DX
            R.I.P

Comment

I did my swap in a week flat, half that time was spent waiting on a tranny. If you need to know AIM me at "mazdaboost" ill give u my number. I can tell you what you REALLY need. That list was a crock. You dont NEED alot of that stuff. Recommended maybe.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuka323
                The problem is, I am not finding all my answers, I have a checklist started, but want to make sure everything is in order, I'm not looking to be "spoonfed"
                You're a lot more likely to get answers if you put a question out like "I've been reading old threads and I've figured out that I need X, Y, and Z parts, but I'm not entirely sure about this other part, and can anyone tell me for certain?" People are always willing to clarify the answers you've found, even if it may seem like a stupid question. But very few people are willing to just tell you the whole thing from beginning to end when it's been explained before.

Comment

If you have never done an engine swap before - you're not going to finish in a weekend. As it has been said, a lot of the information is here ... many of us who have done the swap have posted a lot about it. Ask a direct, non-trivial question and it will be answered.

Truth is, no one will be with you when you're doing the swap, so knowing and finding things out for yourself will be a really good start. If you read a lot and know the car inside-out, you will be able to work through problems that come up - and that they will.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

Besides the obvious select few who:
                    #1 jump to conclusions excessively to fast
                    #2 Have a 2 liter bottle wedged in places which cause difficulty passing bowel movements.

im on most all of the instant message programs & im more then willing to assist you in answering questions you have. Do your best to ignore the negativity following those folks who spread it thick upon the forum.
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thank you to those of you who understand what I'm going through, I've looked this site over as well as 323performance and haven't been able to come up with the answers I needed.

I do actually have a couple of assistants in this swap that have done more than their fair share of engine swaps from unigue customs to plain ol V8 swaps in Mustangs which I have assisted in.

I'm not the type of person to just jump in haphazardly and hope to get this done in an hour, but I am the type of person who gathers all the info I can before I start to make sure everything is covered before the project begins.

For those of you who think it's necessary to call it being spoon fed, then perhaps a DIY sticky in the engine swap section would be a good idea since this has been done by other members before. Just a thought.

Again, Thanks to those who are willing to help me through this.

As for the rest of you....

Comment

no problem, glad to be of help. that's what we're here for. i mean, after all, it would be good to go over exactly what you need for the record and the general users. even if it has ben discussed 100,000 times, you cant discuss turbos too much.. you just cant. how to fix a seatbelt beep? yes, that can be overdiscussed, but turbos are a fluid situation, not a cut and dry solder this and heatshrink that. turbo articles bring up forum intelligence across the board.... therefore, i must digress on the "if it's been asked before" clause. technical knowledge breeds technical users, and the more you have of both, the brighter the future of a forum. and if people cant understand that, then a public forum and enthusiasm producing community is no place for them.

anyhow, why dont you start us off by telling what you have so far, and what you think you may want or need? turbo engines are like underwear.. there's 500 different types, what you can do, and what you should do, and what you desire to do may be three seperate things.

i've seen setups so backyard hillbillied, that they have a high end bolt on turbo kit, and run the thing off the north american stock ecu with no fuel or harness upgrades at all.. you can get as fast and thrown together as you want, right down to putting a turbo, manifold piping and intercooler on what you have right now and calling it a day. i've also seen the other end where you can spend months or years building up the motor to exacly where you want it. it's NOT cut and dry. that's why i posted the list, there's a lot of options. and options and turbos go hand in hand.

what are your goals, performance wise, what would you like to see out of the car? what kind of driver are you? do you want mad power that will make a corvette owner's dick shrink? do you want a car that only has a tad more pick me up and go on the freeway?? so you want a killer solid setup for a freeway racing traffic dogding 5th gear stompin racecar? so you need to meet smog requiremnts in your state?

these things will help us choose the proper turbo setup for you, so please, ask, and answer as you can.. we're here to help.
                        Guess who's back, back again. cable's back.. tell a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatelbobo
                          why not? im going on a year and a half boosted in my daily driver, the only real problem i had was a blown turbo but it was ****ed when i got my engine... 16psi for a year and a half now no real problems other then minor stupid self inflicted things...

soon as i finish cleaning up my 323 i will be striping my protege and driving the 323
                          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.